A week of laying behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaches25

So I am a first time bearded dragon owner. My girl peaches is now around 2 and a half and I was confused why all of a sudden she was glass surfing all the time, had stopped eating and was trying to dig around her enclosure.

After some google I am now certain she has been gravid and I didn’t even know! Unfortunately this means I have not given any extra calcium nutrients etc.

The laying behaviour has been around for about a week now, I went out and made a lay box and tried her in it for the first time today and she seemed uninterested in digging in it at all.

How long before I should be worried about her being egg bound.

Her mood overall now is still good, lots of energy and bright eyed. She stopped eating 3 days ago as well but was eating for a few days still when the behaviour started.

I have an appointment for her on the 22nd of May but I’m worried that’s too far away.

I just want someone to tell me it’s going to be ok. I hate to see her so stressed and not be sure what’s normal and what’s not.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes the egg laying can take a while to complete, so I wouldn't be too worried. She is active and alert so that's a good sign. Keep giving her some time in the dig box and get a small tunnel started for her and see how that goes.

Peaches25

Original Poster
CooperDragon":21qu7shz said:
Sometimes the egg laying can take a while to complete, so I wouldn't be too worried. She is active and alert so that's a good sign. Keep giving her some time in the dig box and get a small tunnel started for her and see how that goes.

Ok thank you so much. Just a brand new owner doing this for the first time, want to make sure everything is a okay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom