Could this be yellow fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloepd7

I’ve had this beardie for a few days now and he is a rescue. Some samples were taken a while ago at the vet by his previous owners and I was given silver cream to put on twice daily as well as Betadine to add to his bath. To me the wounds look to be as if someone had peeled his skin to early, but the new beardie mother in me is worried sick that it could be something more that needs immediate attention. Since he’s a rescue and I do not know much about how he was handled for 3 years I am kinda in the dark and am really worried for the guy. He hasn’t eaten today but that could still be due to new surroundings as he arrived here 2 days ago. (He has eaten since I got him). As he is my first bearded dragon I don’t really know how bearded dragon wounds heal so this could very well be just how they scab over but the anxiety over my little guy is taking over me.
111111-9420667989.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, poor guy! It "could" be fungal but not positive. It would need to be tested to see if there
is fungal spores present. The silver cream should hopefully help out.
I think it looks suspiciously like a burn possibly. Do you have any type of background of his
previous care?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks in rough shape -- please make sure hes got the proper lighting in the tank - thats going to help w/ the healing process -- he needs a good UVB NO coils a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia -- a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb providing the tank is at least 18 inches high -- a good bright white basking bulb -- NO colored bulbs NO heat mats and No heat rocks -- his eating may be off for a few days or so but if hes got the proper lighting and good basking temps he should stay eating - temps for him should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- if you need more help please ask - Tracie is our vet tech mod on here so she can really help w/ the skin issue :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look pretty rough. As mentioned, it could be fungal but will need a skin test to be done to confirm and begin proper treatment. Some of it also looks like it may be old burns. It's hard to tell though. Hopefully with some TLC and appropriate treatment the skin will start to heal. I'd probably avoid baths for now but would apply the silver cream and maybe some lamisil or similar just in case the issue is fungal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom