Discolored nose and black nostrils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddyroro

So I’ve had liz for a few weeks. I keep the temp at 100f under the basking light. He has a UVB bulb that I just purchased. I use reptile carpet and feed him spinach, collard greens, crickets and mealworms with powdered bearded dragon vitamin c supplement. I clean his tank once a week. I will include an image of his tank below. He consistently will glass surf and I’m not sure why. His nose is turning discolored and I can see that the glass surfing is affecting his face. How do I get him to stop?? Is there another concern I should have? He is eating just fine.

https://imgur.com/gallery/eh8dkkb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big is the tank ? It looks real small -- The UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 ? You can try putting some raw unpasteurized honey like Manuka on the snout -- DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank they will go right for the honey -- if you are looking to change the substrate out you might want to get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner -- cut to the size of the tank insects cannot get underneath - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50---- hes more than likely glass surfing because the tank is too small -- I would get him out for 2 hrs a day and see what his behavior is like afterwards -- but the UVB is what bulb - distance and placement is key here to their behavior-------what has been breathing in ? or is it dirty shed?

Daddyroro

Original Poster
KarrieRee":k0ytpa3r said:
How big is the tank ? It looks real small -- The UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 ? You can try putting some raw unpasteurized honey like Manuka on the snout -- DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank they will go right for the honey -- if you are looking to change the substrate out you might want to get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner -- cut to the size of the tank insects cannot get underneath - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50---- hes more than likely glass surfing because the tank is too small -- I would get him out for 2 hrs a day and see what his behavior is like afterwards -- but the UVB is what bulb - distance and placement is key here to their behavior-------what has been breathing in ? or is it dirty shed?

The tank is 40 gallons. The uvb is UVB 10 both as a long bulb and one as a spotlight where he basks. I don’t think it is stuck shed but I’m not sure. He may be starting to shed ?‍♂️
I know he needs a bigger tank but poppa is broke this month

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB is a T 5 or T 8? Look on the bulb it will tell you this is extremely important!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the coil--- they are a terrible bulb--- your T 5 is a great bulb--- you need a basking bulb for your heat - do you have one? Please put a piece of decor directly under the T 5 approx 8-10 inches-- this could be one reason your dragon is glass surfing so much- your basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

Daddyroro

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ta8iseq said:
Please get rid of the coil--- they are a terrible bulb--- your T 5 is a great bulb--- you need a basking bulb for your heat - do you have one? Please put a piece of decor directly under the T 5 approx 8-10 inches-- this could be one reason your dragon is glass surfing so much- your basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

I take the temperature of the terrarium often. It stays a constant 100f where he basks. I have a basking bulb and a ceramic bulb that I use to keep the temps up during the day and at night sometimes. I use the coil for his basking spot and the rail bulb for keeping the rest lit. Thank you for the advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coil bulb is going to cause a lot of health issues please get rid of it--- use your T 5 for the UVB they are the best on the market- the 13 watt bulbs have been known to cause a lot of deaths of dragons--- I cannot stress this enough

Daddyroro

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6ejy1pux said:
The coil bulb is going to cause a lot of health issues please get rid of it--- use your T 5 for the UVB they are the best on the market- the 13 watt bulbs have been known to cause a lot of deaths of dragons--- I cannot stress this enough

I turned it off I did some research on them. Thank you. Hopefully he stops glass surfing. I hate it that I can’t buy him a bigger home yet :( soon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Look on FB marketplace or Craigslist look for a used tank of 75-120 gallon try and find one w/ front doors-- if you find one sanitize it w/ some zoo meds wipeout- or some rescue- you can get a tank from zen habitats on credit w/ paypal-- they are nice tanks- just make sure you have the decor piece directly underneath- 8-10 inches--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom