Red spots between beardies scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyMay27

Good day, I'm new on this forum but I am so happy there is a place for all beardie lovers and owners can go to help give our scaley friends the best life possible.
I just got a 1 year old beardie a week and a half ago and noticed these red marks on her right after I got her. The red marks are on all her palms and on her thigh. Are they possibly from an injury or some sort of bacterial infection going on? She doesn't seem to be bothered by them. I just want to make sure she's as happy and healthy as can be.
I know the previous owner who had her for 3 months used newspaper as bedding, and she was fed mealworms and collard greens. But I have never once seen her eat a green. She will taste it and turn her head lol. But please let me know if you have any answers. I would greatly appreciate it!

111136-7957049710.jpg
111136-9266760917.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
First thing I would do is give her a bath, see if it washes away. Could be from ink off a newspaper.

If it won't wash away, take her to a vet as it could be bacterial. She also needs her nails trimmed badly.

MissyMay27

Original Poster
Gail":3jvgeftd said:
First thing I would do is give her a bath, see if it washes away. Could be from ink off a newspaper.

If it won't wash away, take her to a vet as it could be bacterial. She also needs her nails trimmed badly.

Thank you! I have given her a couple baths and they didn't go away. And I will definitely some research on how to trim her nails. I appreciate you commenting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom