Is my beardie stunted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moby666

Im kinda freaking out right now, so im sorry if parts of this are hard to understand.

My bearded dragon Moby is ~21 months old and about 17 inches tail to snout. I wish I could weigh her but I dont have a scale. I got her from a Petco (bad I know now) August 2019. I've never had problems with her, except when I first got her she didn't eat for a while but that cleared about 2 weeks after.

She basks, eats, she loves to sit on my shoulder while I work and she just generally seems quite content with her life. But when I look at pictures of other beardies they look like giants compared to her! Im worried shes stunted and wont reach a full size.

Is she stunted or am I paranoid? I've attached some pictures. I wanted to get one with her next to the ruler but mine is metallic and she tries to eat shiny things lol.

full

full

full

I hope those worked I've never posted pictures here before.
Also thats a quarter for scale.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as your lighting is good UVB NO coils and basking temps are 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer and a good diet shes going to grow to what her genetics are -- she looks good -- you can get a kitchen scale from Walmart get one that weighs in grams too - and weigh her in grams - an adult weight average is 300 grams + -- dragons grow at different rates -- she may not grow for awhile and then have a spurt --

moby666

Original Poster
KarrieRee":166lb9ou said:
As long as your lighting is good UVB NO coils and basking temps are 95-100 taken w / a digital probe thermometer and a good diet shes going to grow to what her genetics are -- she looks good -- you can get a kitchen scale from Walmart get one that weighs in grams too - and weigh her in grams - an adult weight average is 300 grams + -- dragons grow at different rates -- she may not grow for awhile and then have a spurt --

Her basking temp is ~102 and I use the ReptiSun® 10.0 Compact Fluorescent from ZooMed. Is this a coil bulb? I've had her on these since I got her.
I feed collards, dubias, and occasionally apple or strawberry.

I'll look for a scale next time I go out, thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you using the 13 watt or the 26 watt? And yes they are coils---- if you have the 13 watt please ditch that bulb ASAP------- those are NO good -- the 26 watt is ok but I am not a fan and you would do better w/ a long tube fixture like this https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-26053-Terrarium-Inside-ReptiSun/dp/B07HJG7TJ4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI15flhqvA8AIVrW5vBB1NYA2kEAAYAyAAEgKH8_D_BwE&hvadid=324691857044&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9020114&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17195277246344836401&hvtargid=kwd-709163955041&hydadcr=16798_9869424&keywords=reptisun+t5+ho+terrarium+hood+24&qid=1620691702&sr=8-2
This comes w/ a 10.0 bulb when you get this or if you get this change the bulb out -- the 5.0 bulb can be used for a back up but the distance and placement is different from the 10.0 bulb -- these are the best on the market at this time --- please if that bulb is a 13 watt get rid of it--- if you get the one I have recommended please let me know I will help you place it --- if you are using a 26 watt coil let me know they too have certain place and distance

moby666

Original Poster
KarrieRee":optb2isa said:
Are you using the 13 watt or the 26 watt? And yes they are coils---- if you have the 13 watt please ditch that bulb ASAP------- those are NO good -- the 26 watt is ok but I am not a fan and you would do better w/ a long tube fixture like this https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-26053-Terrarium-Inside-ReptiSun/dp/B07HJG7TJ4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI15flhqvA8AIVrW5vBB1NYA2kEAAYAyAAEgKH8_D_BwE&hvadid=324691857044&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9020114&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17195277246344836401&hvtargid=kwd-709163955041&hydadcr=16798_9869424&keywords=reptisun+t5+ho+terrarium+hood+24&qid=1620691702&sr=8-2
This comes w/ a 10.0 bulb when you get this or if you get this change the bulb out -- the 5.0 bulb can be used for a back up but the distance and placement is different from the 10.0 bulb -- these are the best on the market at this time --- please if that bulb is a 13 watt get rid of it--- if you get the one I have recommended please let me know I will help you place it --- if you are using a 26 watt coil let me know they too have certain place and distance

I'm using the 13 watt! I will be ditching it, do you know the difference between the T5 and the T8? I feel so bad about using a bad bulb for so long :mad:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The T 5 is a good strong bulb I recommend that one- that one does have options as far as placement but since you have been using the 13 watt I would put it in the tank -- the T 8 must go into the tank - that bulb is not as strong as the T 5-- the T 5 needs to be changed out 1 time per year I recommend a month prior to and the T 8 every 6 months a month prior to ---- the placement for the T 5 is 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and the T 8 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

moby666

Original Poster
KarrieRee":phsol7p7 said:
The T 5 is a good strong bulb I recommend that one- that one does have options as far as placement but since you have been using the 13 watt I would put it in the tank -- the T 8 must go into the tank - that bulb is not as strong as the T 5-- the T 5 needs to be changed out 1 time per year I recommend a month prior to and the T 8 every 6 months a month prior to ---- the placement for the T 5 is 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and the T 8 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

Okay, i will for sure be getting one thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom