Bearded Dragon Tail - shedding or rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushu1049

Hello,

I am new to owning a bearded dragon and got our girl, Mushu, from a breeder about a year ago as a birthday present for my oldest son.

Mushu is currently shedding but her tail looks much darker than it has when she has shed before so I was worried it might be tail rot. The color is dark, but not black - it is like a dark brown on top but the bottom looks normal, like the rest of her tail.

111130-8909830218.jpg
111130-4843025175.jpg
111130-8816690216.jpg
111130-263485648.jpg

She is eating normally and her energy levels are the same, so I am hopeful there isn't a problem, but would love someone more experienced to give me their opinion.

thanks in advance for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes a tail can get really dark like that and still not be a problem. As long as it's not notably squishy or the opposite, thin + stick-like then it should be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom