HELP MY BEARDED DRAGON MIGHT HAVE YF

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple days ago I noticed my bearded dragon had something yellow on his stomach. I believe that it is Yellow Fungus, but when I Took him to the vet he told me it had to do with his liver, yet I think he’s to small to have liver problems, and they gave me antibiotics which I am giving him. Today I noticed that his spot was turning red/brown. Does anybody know how to treat it, I started using Lamisl and Iodine. Any help is greatly appreciated.
111127-5842942656.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you try washing it off -- it looks like a food stain and I am pretty sure its NOT YF

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ryr2neel said:
Or possibly shed w/ this other pic
I have tried washing it off it’s still there. And I’ve done everything but he isn’t shedding. He has also been hiding all of today. Could it be anything else?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its the starting of a shed --- make sure you have the correct lighting in the tank --- this is what you dont want
NO coils for UVB - they are inadequate
NO heat rocks NO heat mats NO colored bulbs ---
You do want a digital probe thermometer stick ons do not give accurate basking temps
You do want a long tube UVB fixture I can give recommendations for those
You do want basking temps 105-110
If you have any questions please ask
the UVB and basking temps are the lifeline of your dragon --- they control the over all health and behavior of your dragon

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2myb6ueq said:
Its the starting of a shed --- make sure you have the correct lighting in the tank --- this is what you dont want
NO coils for UVB - they are inadequate
NO heat rocks NO heat mats NO colored bulbs ---
You do want a digital probe thermometer stick ons do not give accurate basking temps
You do want a long tube UVB fixture I can give recommendations for those
You do want basking temps 105-110
If you have any questions please ask
the UVB and basking temps are the lifeline of your dragon --- they control the over all health and behavior of your dragon

Yea I have a tube UVB fixture, his basking ranges from 105-109, sometimes 110. As for the thermostat I have a digital one that provides Both the temp and humidity they are pretty accurate. Thank you, for everything!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the UVB is a brand a bulb please? The T 5 and the T 8 's require different distance and placement

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
KarrieRee":r5v2vj7a said:
Ok the UVB is a brand a bulb please? The T 5 and the T 8 's require different distance and placement
His uvb fixture is a zoomed reptisun terrarium hood T5 Ho. The light inside it is a zoomed reptisun T5. 10.0 UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good bulb- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it does not look like yellow fungus. I think it is likely a patch of old skin that hasn't shed
off or something. Just keep an eye on that area but it should eventually shed off.
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is a good bulb. Is it on top of the screen since it is inside of a hood?
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
Drache613":lj4it38f said:
Hello,

I agree, it does not look like yellow fungus. I think it is likely a patch of old skin that hasn't shed
off or something. Just keep an eye on that area but it should eventually shed off.
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is a good bulb. Is it on top of the screen since it is inside of a hood?
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Yes it is on top of a screen. His appetite is good, yet, I noticed that he didn’t seem to exited over it, but I’m going to keep an eye on him. However, I found that his tail also was a bit yellow/red. Could it be stuck shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom