Burmation or Death please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeyboo

She’s about 6or7 and just suddenly went limp. She was opening her mouth and sticking her tongue out and kept swallowing then suddenly she went limp. Is this a sign of burmation or sudden illness? She was fine and then this happened and hasn’t ate or drank or moved really since. I’ve never seen her do this before. When she opens her eyes they are like squinting and she’s having a hard time moving, she’s actually not really moving at all now or doing that mouth thing to much anymore. But she will barely open her mouth and then close her eyes. Is death near if so I will put her down? Or do I pay to find out what’s wrong? She’s on day 2 1/2 with no signs of improvement.

Spikeyboo

Original Poster
Btw her habitat is on point. I just checked on her an she actually moved away from the heat lamp and went under her rock. That’s a sign of burmation correct? Or a sign of finding a place to pass?
Should I just wait it out or take her in? If she’s burmating I read you shouldn’t disturb?? So confused.
She’s also never layed eggs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
7 month old dragons do not brumate -- please go over the questions I asked on the other thread -- those things I asked about are the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS in the tank
UVB brand and bulb coil or a tube
basking temps what are they and how are you taking them?

Spikeyboo

Original Poster
She's 7 yrs old

uvb lamp is brand new tube only about 1month old. I've used the same type of uvb tube light for 7 yrs.

heat lamp about 90-100

cool side about 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so what are you using please-- we need to go over the lighting -- usually that is the issue -- what is the brand and distance in the tank please? If this is up to par I would look at getting her in do you have a reptile vet? If not here is a website to find one
www.arav.org

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please PM drache613-- look on board find her name and PM her about your dragon she's our vet tech mod Tracie is her name--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom