How long until coccidia improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

My 7 mo old has coccidia and I just finished his last dose of ponazuril a few days ago, I've been steam cleaning daily. I've also been giving him acidophilz to help as well. He is still trying to go to bed half way through the day which is unusual as he's normally a very active little guy. He also hasen't been as interested in food as he normally is. He still has been pooping every day and they look well formed. How long should it take for him to start feeling better/when should I consider taking him back to the vet if he's not feeling better?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The vet should of said they would want another fecal to retest for the parasite -- are you keeping the dragon hydrated? Water dropped on the nose spraying or bathing or syringe ???? They will go off their food because of the med - is he eating anything at all ? Go over the lighting in the tank please
NO coils for a UVB
Basking temps should be 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
this is a crucial thing in that tank --- the overall health and behavior is controlled by the two things I just asked about

natnat

Original Poster
Yeah I’m supposed to retest a fecal in 2 weeks. He’s eating about half of what he normally does so at least he’s eating some. Basking spot 105 cool side 85, reptisun T5 HO for UVB. I’ve been bathing him more often to help with hydration. I’m just hoping the sleepiness is a side effect? Just not sure how long the sleepiness usually lasts.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok good --- I am not sure how long the sleepiness last either --- as long as his basking temps and UVB is good and hes eating he will eventually get back to normal -- make sure that UVB bulb is not expired - one year from install - I usually change mine out about a month prior to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom