Sick Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlyvu

My bearded dragon hasn’t been interested in food very much unless it’s things like strawberries, which he will only eat a few pieces of and then abandon entirely. He hasn’t been using the bathroom at all, but he’s been drinking and I’ve been giving him a bath twice a week to try and help with hydration. He recently came out of brumation so that may be part of it? He also has a sore on his chin that I think is from glass surfing, but I’m not entirely sure. He’s going to see a vet in a few days but I thought I would ask to see if there’s anything I need to do in the meantime.

deadlyvu

Original Poster
This is what it looks like as of now— the paper on the left side of the glass was out there to keep him from seeing his reflection and glass surfing on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What bulbs are in the domes? Basking temps are ? and how are you taking them? The UVB and the basking temps are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- and I see only stick ons for gauges-- please invest in a digital probe thermometer if you dont have one-- you can get them at Petco or Petsmart ---

deadlyvu

Original Poster
In the left one I have a reptisun UVB bulb, and in the other I have an intense basking spot light (exoterra) that should stay at about 90-100 degrees. The new tank I am buying comes with external and internal thermometers so that won’t be a problem soon— also if anyone was curious, this is what his sore looks like

image upload

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coil UVB is the 13 watt or 26 watt? If it's the 13 watt please ditch that bulb ASAP--- those bulbs are No good and will cause health issues- you need to invest in a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia - and a Reptisun bulb 10.0 T 5-

deadlyvu

Original Poster
It’s a 16 watt but it’s not a coil. I’ll definitely get a longer UVB fixture when his new tank comes in, I’m just nervous that he might be sick or something now since he’s not eating or pooping. He’s drinking okay and I have been giving him a bath twice a week to try and help with that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have not heard of a 16 watt- is it a 15 watt Reptisun which would be a T 8? Where is the fixture? Top of screen or inside the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the 26 watt needs to be unobstructed and 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- if it's 6 months old it needs to be replaced- I recommend you get a 24" fixture either a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 ASAP-- the 26 watt is iffy but from where it's placed now he's not getting very much uvb if any- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- he will not eat w/ out proper basking temps and proper uvb-- at this point he's not able to absorb his calcium

deadlyvu

Original Poster
I ordered a zoomed tank hood online and it should be coming in a few days before his tank gets here, so hopefully that will fix the issue

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did you get the 10.0 bulb as well - the Zoo Med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb but that bulb is ok as a back up but you want the 10.0 bulb --- when you get it please post back on here so we can help you get it placed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom