Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:31 pm

AHBD wrote:O.K, looks good. Get some rest now. :) When you are back on tomorrow can you mention what brand of uvb light you have ? And I wanted to suggest dripping water on his snout to be sure he's hydrated [ use syringe, eyedropper or spray bottle ]


I am 99.9 % sure it's a t8 reptisun. And I have been giving him baths the last two days.
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:36 pm

AHBD wrote:O.K, looks good. Get some rest now. :) When you are back on tomorrow can you mention what brand of uvb light you have ? And I wanted to suggest dripping water on his snout to be sure he's hydrated [ use syringe, eyedropper or spray bottle ]


I think I remember it being a t8 reptisun. 🤔
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby Drache613 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:02 am

Hello,

He should be very handsome & colorful when he gets older! It looks like he has some great
traits & patterns, too.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 41676
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:19 am

AHBD wrote:O.K, looks good. Get some rest now. :) When you are back on tomorrow can you mention what brand of uvb light you have ? And I wanted to suggest dripping water on his snout to be sure he's hydrated [ use syringe, eyedropper or spray bottle ]



So apparently at petsmart he wasn't even eating that much to begin with. I checked my uvb again and it is in fact a reptisun 10.0 T8
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby Gail » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:21 am

lgxfuad13 wrote:Ah yes. He does have a thin line! Im just trying to figure out what he may be. 🤔🤣


He's a red, the fancy color names people give are often just for label appeal to help them sell.

I have a new baby too and he didn't eat very well at first either. I had to hand feed him insects and greens. He is finally starting to jump in his feeder dish for crickets but he still won't chase down escapees.

I'm still hand feeding at least one meal for taming purposes and to make sure he at least gets a few bits of greens.
User avatar
Gail
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: North Idaho

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 am

Gail wrote:
lgxfuad13 wrote:Ah yes. He does have a thin line! Im just trying to figure out what he may be. 🤔🤣


He's a red, the fancy color names people give are often just for label appeal to help them sell.

I have a new baby too and he didn't eat very well at first either. I had to hand feed him insects and greens. He is finally starting to jump in his feeder dish for crickets but he still won't chase down escapees.

I'm still hand feeding at least one meal for taming purposes and to make sure he at least gets a few bits of greens.


Thank you for this info!!! May I see your baby?
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby Gail » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:27 pm

I have pictures here

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=259258
User avatar
Gail
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: North Idaho

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Here is he now! Shedding is body. 🖤
[Click image to enlarge]
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby Gail » Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm

He looks great, I love his patterns. I posted a new picture of sam today, he's freshly shed.
User avatar
Gail
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: North Idaho

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby lgxfuad13 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:49 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Hims getting so big! And shedding for me on Mother's Day! 😍[Click image to enlarge]
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 09, 2021 4:18 pm

He is a beautiful dragon--- your T 8 needs to be in the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb and approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking defor-- changed out in 6 months -- I recommend one month prior to
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

Postby lgxfuad13 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:32 pm

KarrieRee wrote:He is a beautiful dragon--- your T 8 needs to be in the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb and approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking defor-- changed out in 6 months -- I recommend one month prior to



I changed to a t5 HO per your recommendation a while back. :)
lgxfuad13
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 09, 2021 4:46 pm

ok good :)
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

Postby AHBD » Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Colors + pattern are beautiful !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 26523
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics

Postby loljelloclowdz » Mon May 10, 2021 7:14 am

lgxfuad13 wrote:My friend snapped one ! [Click image to enlarge]



He or she is so smol 🥺❤️ Also they are doing that thing babies do where they are so small that the surface temperature is too high so they lift their wittle arms and leggies off the ground and it’s just so cute when they do that 🥺
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
User avatar
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Location: United States (I'll elaborate if I need a vet)
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users