Very sick beardie!! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2o7xev66 said:
Ok good then he sounds like hes on the mend --

Fingers crossed. Don't want to call it too soon but im hoping so. Thanks for your advice its been invaluable. How often would you say to give him the slurry? Had about 25ml earlier x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did he take the 25ml all at once or at intervals? How are the eyes doing -- they did look terrible-- have they started to open up and swelling go down?

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":36lisp6o said:
Did he take the 25ml all at once or at intervals? How are the eyes doing -- they did look terrible-- have they started to open up and swelling go down?

In intervals he took the 25ml over about half an hour or so.
Eyes slightly better (he's opening them a bit better) but still swollen and one is weepy. Used saline last night and this morning and a little manuka honey and water

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I would stay w/ the 25 ml maybe Tracie or AHBD can advise on the amounts --- its good your using the honey and saline and I am glad hes opening them -- you got the lighting all changed and NO more colored bulbs -- the honey will help the eyes -- it may take some time w/ those -- they looked pretty bad - but w/ your good UVB and bright white basking bulb its going to help and hopefully correct to what they need to look like --

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qu6vy6f said:
Ok so I would stay w/ the 25 ml maybe Tracie or AHBD can advise on the amounts --- its good your using the honey and saline and I am glad hes opening them -- you got the lighting all changed and NO more colored bulbs -- the honey will help the eyes -- it may take some time w/ those -- they looked pretty bad - but w/ your good UVB and bright white basking bulb its going to help and hopefully correct to what they need to look like --

Yes please if someone could recommend how often with the slurry that would be great. Any idea how often the batch I made will keep?

Hoping and praying it all sorts his eyes and they start to look more normal ?

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
111096-200030874.jpg
111096-8461897918.jpg

My little guy passed this in the night. Not a normal stool but more solid for him. Would he be able to pass things like this if he had a blockage?
Still lethargic and quiet and definitely not well

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Just washed him as he had lay in his faeces all night, cleaned his eyes and gave him. Seems to have gone back downhill today, very lethargic, head down and eyes closed. Will get his temps back up asap.

Should I lay off the food and slurries for now?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Trying to follow all of your threads here. Is he still with you then?
As for the slurries, how are you giving the foods, through the side of his mouth with a syringe
or the front? Be careful so he doesn't aspirate or choke. How much weight has he lost, overall?
The 25mls daily might be a bit much & would definitely cause a loose stool. You could decrease
that to half for now, broken up in at least 2 or 3 feedings. As far as how often to make the slurry
mix, a couple of times per week is fine. As long as it is kept in the refrigerator it should be good
for a few days..
Which medication was given for his coccidia?

Tracie

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Drache613":2qe224iz said:
Hello,

As for the slurries, how are you giving the foods, through the side of his mouth with a syringe
or the front? Be careful so he doesn't aspirate or choke. How much weight has he lost, overall?
The 25mls daily might be a bit much & would definitely cause a loose stool. You could decrease
that to half for now, broken up in at least 2 or 3 feedings. As far as how often to make the slurry
mix, a couple of times per week is fine. As long as it is kept in the refrigerator it should be good
for a few days..

Tracie

Hi. My guy wasn't diagnosed with parasites. He had an xray and they said it was bloackage in his stomach. I think it was someone elses who was asking about the coccidia.
Giving him very small smooth amounts via syringe at the sife and front of his mouth, wherever I can.
He was underweight anyway and I wouldn't say hes lost too much over the past week.

Thanks

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Drache613":3q2s2vee said:
Hello,

for a few days..

Tracie

I'd say today he seems as bad as he did on Tuesday. I'm worried about over hydrating him as he was having 3 x 25ml fluid a day. He seems to have flushed out a lot, should I lay off that now too? X

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Vets said he's really poorly. He had a sonogram and it showed the mass on his stomach is a tumour of some kind attached to his liver . He has been like this for a while, it was most likely from something that happened in his other home like trauma or bad diet etc. He's been poorly for a long time. Vet said hes in a really bad way, if they operated now he'd die. I think he thinks thats the most likely outcome anyway.

Hes got to stay there tonight on an IV with fluids. Hes having blood tests to see about the liver function. If he needs an operation he needs to be stronger to survive it.
Hes so weak can barely his head.
His whole demeanour is to do with this mass on his liver. Please pray for him that it can be sorted x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This is sad news-- I am sorry- :( Lets hope maybe getting him on some meds can help him but I am no vet so I dont know --- Tracie can shed some light on this- I hope the guy is not in any pain

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3r97ajo0 said:
This is sad news-- I am sorry- :( Lets hope maybe getting him on some meds can help him but I am no vet so I dont know --- Tracie can shed some light on this- I hope the guy is not in any pain

I feel so bad for him, struggling for a long time until it won. He's not in a good way and my hearts breaking for him. Its so unfair for him. Will hear about the bloods in 24 hr ish and can make a decision for him then.

I'm hoping he's warm and in no pain x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
There is nothing worse than feeling helpless and not being able to control what is happening-- :cry:

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ida4fbq said:
There is nothing worse than feeling helpless and not being able to control what is happening-- :cry:

You're right, it's awful. Only comfort is knowing he's getting something done to help him, whatever that might be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom