Sluggish beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My dragon not sure if its female or male. Seems be less active then my other dragon. Have a few photos see if she looks healthy to others.
Dragon isn't as quick an strong as my other. Eats about half of what my other one does. Likes roaches but they are costly until my colony fills up. Just looking see if I can make any improvements. Can take photos of the tank tomorrow.
full

full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Overall based on the pictures he looks good. We can review your tank setup & nutritional
regime to see if any changes need to be made.
What type/brand of UVB are you using, & do you use a digital probe to measure the
temperatures in the tank?

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Thanks, I feed crickets an salads. Collards/dandelion an butternut squash chopped with a cheese grader. I use the bigger tube of the reptisun 10 with older zoomed fixture. Haven't got another t5 h0 for this one yet. They usually come with the 5.0 so won't help much I think.
I dont use probe because house humidity should be good for dragons. But I use a temp gun an dimmer from low to high. Temps usually are 95-105. Just been tough lately last week was in 80's. This week barely 60's so I have set to high. I like the dimmer has both fixture plugged in with same type of bulb. So they get same basking temps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would recommend you get your T 5 bulb ASAP-- the placement for the UVB fixture is where? Inside the tank or top of screen -- you can use the 5.0 bulb but it is considered more of a T 8 so that bulb would need to go inside the tank w/a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor -- and looking at your stick hes sitting on I would look at getting something bigger and wider for him -- he looks like he could fall off at any moment -- the basking temps and the UVB are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom