Very sick beardie!! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Spikeyboo":1fkl0176 said:
My beardie needs help too. She’s about 6or7 and just suddenly went limp. She was opening her mouth and sticking her tongue out and kept swallowing then suddenly she went limp. Is this a sign of burmation or sudden illness? She was fine and then this happened and hasn’t ate or drank or moved really since. I’ve never seen her do this before. When she opens her eyes they are like squinting and she’s having a hard time moving, she’s actually not really moving at all now or doing that mouth thing to much anymore. But she will barely open her mouth and then close her eyes. Is death near if so I will put her down? Or do I pay to find out what’s wrong? She’s on day 2 1/2 like this with no signs of improvement.

Hi.
Im so sorry that your girl is doing well, unfortunately I am no help at all. But I think it might be helpful if you made a new post specifically about your poorly girl, I'd hate for ypur post not to get noticed and just buried in mine.
Praying she's ok and gets the help she needs. It's horrible not knowing whats wrong with them. X

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Spikeyboo":1x8p82sg said:
Can you please tell me how to do that? Thank you

Go back to Beardie ER main forum and at the top theres a white box with red letters saying *new topic* and that should be it. Good luck. They are great and full of info on here x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
@spikeyboo- please start your own thread under ER- In that thread please tell us what your using for a UVB No coils -- basking temps what are they how are you taking them- your dragon sounds very sick- No stick ons please for temps---

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Thie evening my little guy has taken some pureed apple and honey off a spoon and also some plain water. Is there anything else I can offer him that will be gentle but increase his energy?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your lighting is going to help w/ the energy-- try the canned pumpkin thats going to push more out -- can you get a better pic of the poop please we cant really see it --

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3c0rej11 said:
Your lighting is going to help w/ the energy-- try the canned pumpkin thats going to push more out -- can you get a better pic of the poop please we cant really see it --

Great I'll get some tomorrow. Never seen it canned before so will hunt for it.
Next time he passes anythig I'll take a pic. I know that one wasn't great at all but its the only thing hes passed that has more substance to it than the urate and water.

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2bwb2t8m said:

111096-4648039946.jpg

Is this stuff appropraite?

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2cqpn8wx said:
thats good or you can get some at the store like Walmart too

Never seen it here in the UK...so will have to order it in. Thanks again for your help x

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
111096-71754740.jpg

111096-8888458535.jpg

Hi everyone. Just checking on little guy and hes passed this within the last hour or so. Definitely not his normal poo or even like the diarrhoea x

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
111096-2403113013.jpg

Its a very thick, mucusy substance. Can make out partial meal worms (last time he ate those was last saturday) thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok no more meal worms please--- they are too hard on babies stomachs-+ we need to see white urate- the poop looks good so he's not impacted- please make sure he's hydrated- I would offer salads that are rinsed before serving- make sure the insects are hydrated and gut loaded- the rinsed salads will give moisture- what is or was his diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom