Odd things in her ear and eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
111071-8129695104.jpg
111071-9857657104.jpg
111071-1437448678.jpg

Hello, this morning I woke up noticing these two things, a white thing in his ear and something in his eye, how can I fix this. When she blinks there is a weird whit film, what is this, I can’t find anything on Google, an image is attached. I’ve had her for two years now and she has been doing fine, until I noticed these today, an image was also attached of her full size, thank you!

These images were token out of her cage hence the carpet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks a bit strange. Are you using a solid substrate or sand or other loose substrate?
I don't think it is any type of mites or anything. Have you tried using some sterile saline
solution to rinse out the eye to see if that helps clear that out? You could get a swab & dip
that in some warm water & gently try to clean the edge of the ear membrane.

Tracie

AlphabeticlyCorect

Original Poster
Hello

We don’t use any solid substrate, her cage has a plastic bottom and some cleaned drift wood for her to climb on higher up, and some of those rocks you can buy from pet stores (not heated)

Her blinking seems to have gotten rid of the thing in her eye, and the blinking has stopped. The thing in her ear is still in the same spot however.

I haven’t noticed any difference in feeding, mood, or restroom tendency’s so I don’t think it’s anything parasitic, or an infection, we haven’t tried anything because we didn’t want to damage the tympanic membrane in her ear which I have heard is fragile and if cleaned can cause damage to the internal structure.

I’ll try cleaning the ear, thank you for helping

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. I am glad to hear she seemed to have cleared out the dirt or debris that
was in her eye, so that must feel a lot better for her!
Did you get her ear cleaned out at all? At least this hasn't affected her appetite then.
Just gently clean around the edge of the ear but not on the tympanic membrane.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom