Possible blockage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan12

I have a 2 month old bearded dragon and he went two days without pooping so I put him in a warm bath and he did but it was long and hard it was an oval shape and after that bath it’s been 24 hours and he still hasn’t pooped and wanted to know if there’s a reason for this and how to help him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure the basking temps are 105-110 taken w / a digital probe thermometer --- UVB bulb is a long tube fixture NO coils ---- those two things I just mentioned are the MOST IMPORTANT thing in that tank - it controls the over all health and behavior of the dragon --- please NO baths for now get those things situated first -- he should be pooping --- what are you feeding?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And the other ?'s I asked ---- hes going to go thru relocation stress so its good to have all the lighting correct or eventually he will quit eating all together --- once we get that established everything else will fall into place

Nathan12

Original Poster
It makes a lot of sense that you said so I have a tube fixture but it must have been bad and it started to burn so I took it out and replaced it with a coil until the replacement cokes tomorrow it arrives and it makes sense because as soon as I swapped it out he stopped and the format for that one is thrive and the heat lamp is by zoomed and the basking spot measured is 103 for the basking spot and the hotter side is around 90 and the cooler side is 83 the watt of the heat lamp is 75 witch I know is low for a bearded dragon but it is keeping the temps right and the uvb for the tube fixture that will be in tomorrow is 15 watt

As a new keeper I also wanted to know for his age how much greens should he eat he likes carrot tops and when feeding him how much should he have

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The Thrive coil? NO coils please they are NO good - the T 8 UVB you have coming what brand please? It will need to go inside the tank it is not strong enough to go thru the screen --- make sure you have NO clear plastic cover over the bulb take it off please ---- if you need things to hang the fixture w/ please ask and I will post some for you---- your basking temps are good as long as they are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ----

Nathan12

Original Poster
The bulb I have coming is the thrive dessert 18 inch uvb bulb and since it does need to go into the tank is there any kind of fixture you can recommend for inside the tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Feeding should be salads every morning --- add some BSFL to the salad bowl in front of him do not dust them --- order large --- hand feed him a few 5-6 they are a great lure to the bowl and great staple feeder feed as many as you want they are great compliment to the crickets or dubia roaches -- make sure your dusting the roaches tho --- you can also use small super worms to the salad like 3 of them use them as lures as well -- feed for like an hr or so then feed your staple feeder you want him eating salads even if a little bit --- when feeding second feeding DO NOT DUST the insects -- he should be eating about 60 crickets a day or so he will eat less if hes eating BSFL or dubias --- dubias are more filling and better nutritional wise --- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.symtonbsf.com
You will need a bowl like this for the worms / insects https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Please send the Thrive bulb back ---- they are really NO good for a long tube as well - cheap clones --- you want this one its one of the best on the market Reptisun 10.0 T 8 you can get them at petsmart or petco ---you will need to change it out in 6 months I recommend 5 a month prior to

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Alive -- keep them in the container they come in --if they ever turn into flys feed those to the dragon too- make sure you get the UVB I recommended- this bulb will keep him eating -- UVB's help them absorb/. synethsize the calcium they get- it also plays a huge role in their overall health -- you are dusting the insects correct? Try medium by the time he's 3 months old he should eat large they are small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom