MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slandes23

Has anyone had a beardie with severe MBD. We rescued one four months ago with it. Was wondering how long they live and what helps them. He only syringe eats and has a hard time pooping.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of his tank and lighting please so we can better help you
there are a few on here that can help but its better that they can see
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
PLEASE NO COILS for a UVB ---

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The tank looks really nice but the UVB is obstructed by the screen or is it open underneath? This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT especially for him --- if its obstructed it needs to be UNOBSTRUCTED-- and a good piece of decor needs to be directly under it 12-15 inches --- can he get on the log?

slandes23

Original Poster
The screen gets taken off during the day and no he cannot climb. That’s why I have the flat rocks for him to bask on. He barely moves as is. Usually only in a circle.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he needs to be able to get under that uvb-- this will help the mbd- sometimes they will gain some mobility better- please get him under that uvb-- - distance 12 - 15 inches I would shoot for 12

slandes23

Original Poster
He can move he just doesn’t very often unless it’s to pound his front leg because he wants me to hold him. I get him out everyday and make him crawl for exercise on his towel. He gets really good lighting all day. I do need to cut his screen so I don’t have to take it off. When we got him he was in a 10g tank with one light weighing 100 grams. Now he’s in our tank and weighs 155 grams.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok I am going to flag this to AHBD and Tracie who is the vet tech -- but definitely get the UVB closer to him 12 inches please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And where does he sit ? on the floor? If so 11 inches is good --- does he bask under the UVB ?

slandes23

Original Poster
Yeah as you can see in the pictures I have flat rocks for him to crawl onto since he just cannot climb. So he stays on his warmer side of the tank 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom