URGENT VERY ILL DRAGON

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome, it's not that I know exactly what happened but all signs point to vitamin toxicity caused by the first 2 injections. Just give him a little bit of food now while you keep offering the slurries.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I PM'd you as well. How is he doing this evening?
Since he has seemingly had a very bad reaction to the vitamin injections, I wouldn't give
anymore vitamin injections, especially any fat soluble ones which could add to the already
toxic system.
If his liver is having trouble, I would continue the oral fluids, & you can add the critical care
formula daily along with milk thistle daily. Did the vet give you milk thistle to give?
I hope he is doing better soon.

Tracie

Kchacon54

Original Poster
I wanted to thank Tracie and AHBD for all of the help they have given me. This morning my beardie ate his green slurry and a good amount of critical care. I took him outside to get some sun. The vet provided us with milk thistle and it should arrive today. He is doing better he is active, alert, eating from the syringe. He is still swollen but his beard this morning was gray instead of black. We are going to continue taking this one day at a time and keep praying that he makes a full recovery. I want to thank you both again for all of the help that you have given me. I was hopeless when this happened to him and I cannot explain how grateful I am for both of you. I will provide some photos of my beardie from today. Thank you again for all of the help! I will continue to update you guys!

110995-2458401332.jpg

110995-5357396603.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, he is looking alert + in less discomfort , hopefully he continues to feel better and get back to being his old self. :) Keep an eye on the lump on the back of his head , if it gets any bigger at all be sure to find a vet that will do an ultrasound or xray.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Hi sorry guys I forgot to ask the vet mentioned him being anemic and that is why his mouth and tongue are pale. Do you guys know what I can give him to help him?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow that is a huge difference, he looks much better & alert, too. I'm glad you acted so
quickly for him, they can sure become ill very rapidly & crash.
I hope the Milk Thistle helps get his liver working better, it has a great reputation for helping
the liver heal.
If he is anemic, you can try some kelp powder, spirulina or some mineral drops to try & get
his levels up.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Thank you Tracie! I will go out to buy those today. I will make sure to keep an eye on the bump on his head as well. Do you guys know the best way that I can lower his tank humidity? It went up near 50 today he is in a zen habitat wood panel 4x2x2.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Humidity at 50 % is perfectly fine, it gets higher than that in their native habitat and also in captivity all the time.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Thank you AHBD. I bought him spirulina it is 3000 mg per serving it says to mix 1 teaspoon with 8 fluid oz of water or juice. How much should I give him? And how often? Thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad you were able to find some spirulina. Since there is no designated dose as it is a
supplement, simply give 1/8th of a teaspoon daily or every other day, in his food or sprinkled
on his food. Or did you mix it up as the directions said? If so, just give 1ml of the mix & that
should be fine for him.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Hi guys I wanted to update you guys I started my beardie on the milk thistle yesterday he is eating it well from the syringe. Today he finally pooped! it has been about 7 days since the last time he pooped. Today his poop was green I believe from all of the greens he has been syringe fed :) . His urate was also not bright yellow this time it was white and squishy. He is eating from the syringe and I feel that he is getting better but he still has beard swelling and the bump on his head. We are going to continue taking it day by day. Thank you for all the help I will continue the milk thistle daily and the rest of his supplements.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds good, it seems he is feeling better then?
At least he is taking his supplements without any problems for you. The milk thistle is very
helpful so definitely continue with that daily right now.
I'm happy he is cooperating with eating from the syringe, so he gets some nutrition that way.
Hopefully the swelling on his head & beard will recede soon. Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Hi guys wanted to update you and I had a concern. My bearded dragon is doing better his tongue is now more pink and today he ate 5 large dubia roaches :) . He is also currently shedding. He still has the bump on his head and the swelling on his beard and today when we gave him roaches we noticed that he would stick his tongue out to the side of his mouth to eat them, it wasn’t in the center. Do you guys know why this is or what could cause it? Thank you!

Kchacon54

Original Poster
I also noticed that he has very stringy saliva when he opens his mouth and sometimes in the morning he will have some bubbles in his mouth before I would syringe feed him but then the bubbles would go away. I’m not sure if this could be a respiratory infection?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad to hear about your dragon. It sounds like he is possibly a bit dehydrated, or may
have a respiratory infection perhaps. Is his beard darker than normal?
How large were the dubias that he ate? If he is having some trouble with the larger prey
items maybe for now consider giving some that are a little smaller.
I would recommend trying to get him a little more hydrated, if you can.
Are you still keeping him warm overnight also?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom