Scared my beardie is egg bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Some good news. Liz laid 14 eggs in her lay box today. That, in combination with the eggs she laid in the days before, makes 21 eggs total. Hopefully that was everything in this clutch. Really hoping she doesn’t lay more clutches this year but we’ll see.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Liz is an egg laying machine ! Hopefully she's done, you've both had enough stress for a while. :) But you know how it goes and you'll bee ready if she produces more . Stay strong Liz !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, poor LIz, but, at least she was able to get them out though! Hopefully she is done
laying & wont have anymore clutches.
I would definitely give more calcium for a few weeks to help out in case her calcium stores
have been drained.

Tracie

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both! However, she just laid another egg in her tank this morning :? . Her appetite seemed to return yesterday, so I was really hoping she was all done, but I guess not. Maybe this was the final egg of the clutch? I really hope so.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well at least she got the majority laid, she probably won't be bothered by a couple extra here + there. Give her a nice warm bath and it might prompt her to push out any leftover eggs.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! Yeah, we'll give her a nice warm bath tonight. She seems pretty tired today which is understandable, but she did eat some superworms (all calcium dusted) and a few bites of veggies. Hopefully tomorrow she will feel more energized. It's been an exhausting week for us both.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How did she like her bath? They can lay an egg or two after a major clutch, it is pretty
common for them to do that.
It is emotionally draining, worrying about them I know. I'm sure that she is tired also!

Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! Thank you for checking in on Liz. She's doing well! She seems back to normal, at least for now. Her appetite has come back and she ate almost all of her veggies yesterday as well as some worms. I imagine if she has another clutch she'll start showing signs in 2-4 weeks. She's never laid eggs in a clutch intermittently, always all at once, which is why I was sort of freaking out!

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone! I hope it’s okay if I ask a quick question. Liz is due for a shed soon, as it’s been a little while and we noticed that her coloring looks a little duller. Today I noticed that the large scale below her lower lip looks a little crusty and weird. My husband says he’s pretty sure it’s just shed, but I thought I would get a second opinion here. Going off of pictures, it looked normal just a few weeks ago. Would love to know what you think this is.

Pic from this morning. I think the other stuff on her lips might be worm guts mixed with calcium dust.
full

Here's an extreme closeup after giving her a bath. She still seems to have what I believe is some worm guts and calcium dust stuck to her mouth area.
full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks normal to me. Certainly some calcium dust stuck on there - that's no big deal. The scales look normal and healthy.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. Honestly I forgot I posted that. I think that's another example of me freaking out over something small :lol: . Liz has been doing well. She has a great appetite which I'm happy about but also hoping it's not because she's getting ready for more eggs. Only thing is she hasn't had a poop since she laid so I'm going to try giving her some squash or applesauce. Usually that does the trick.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing? It looks like she had calcium on her little mouth!
I hope she isn't developing more eggs either, maybe she is just trying to catch up on her
food right now.
We all worry about everything with them!

Tracie

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1mxdks8x said:
Hello,

How is your girl doing? It looks like she had calcium on her little mouth!
I hope she isn't developing more eggs either, maybe she is just trying to catch up on her
food right now.
We all worry about everything with them!

Tracie

Thanks for checking in on Liz! Liz has been doing really well, except she hasn't pooped since laying eggs. I'm also a little nervous because tonight we noticed her beard is a little dark. We're hoping it's just temporary and nothing serious.

Edit: Her beard seemed to go back to normal a few minutes later. Hopefully she was just freaked out by the sound of a video I was playing and that's it!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so glad that Liz is doing so much better, that is great! So the music or movie was
distressing her? That can happen, I have experienced that with one of ours in the past.
They are very sensitive about their surroundings sometimes.
You can try giving some sugar free applesauce or canned pumpkin mixed with a few drops
of olive oil in case she might be a little backed up or dehydrated from laying. Are her eyes
looking a little sunken in at all?

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So her beard got better and was fine this morning but maybe 30 minutes ago it got dark again! It's not black, just sort of grey on about half of her beard. Do you think this could be because she has to poop? I really hope something else isn't bothering her. She's been eating fine and drinking fine (she'll usually drink a little in the bath and I'll also put some water on her greens). Her eyes look fine to me. Not sure what's going on. Hope it doesn't require another vet appointment because I feel like I've been taking her so often.

Edit: After I got home an hour after writing this post and gave her some sweet potato (I gave her Beech-Nut baby food which has no ingredients other than the pureed fruit or veggie), her beard went back to its normal color. So strange! Hope my girl is okay. She seemed to really love the sweet potato though. She was licking it off the carpet of her tank where it fell! I'm surprised because she normally hates it when I give her baby food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom