How to mount Arcadia ProT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my Arcadia ProT5 24" fixture. It's very nice but the only mounting hardware provided was two flimsy metal clips with no instructions. I tried to snap them on to the fixture but they wouldn't go, and didn't want to risk forcing it. There are no holes or places to attach hooks or zip ties. The Pargea listing https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html has photo instructions but they don't clarify much. Couldn't find anything on YouTube. Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please use this to hang--- https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195 this stuff works great its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around the fixture or you can use these things as well 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –
long plastic zip ties-- fishing line or potted plant wire hangers
distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor inside the tank

JumbosDaddy

Original Poster
thanks Karrie... to clarify, the straps / wires / hangers will go around the fixture and bulb, hanging from the top? Seems like it would rub against the bulb and possible break it.

Are the clips that come with the fixture not useful?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't have a pro T 5 so I am not familiar w/ the fixture but those straps around the fixture should not break the bulb- I am using the zoo med fixture and I have had zero issues w/ the straps around mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom