URGENT VERY ILL DRAGON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
I will thank you again. I will wait for a response to see if Tracie has seen anything like this or if the charcoal can help him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don,t bother with the c care right now, hydration is the important thing right now. If he wants a few insects in a week or so that,s O.K. By the way, I think the reptile store guy was just talking off the top of his head about the prognosis.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Just called the vet in my area. No appointments until a week and a half from now. They cannot see us as an emergency because we are not established patients there. What are the best ways that I can hydrate him? Should I still give him charcoal?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure about the charcoal but either drop.water on his nose bathe him or syringe feed - if you give by syringe do it very slow little at a time you do not want him to aspirate--

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's in the tank approx 12-15 inches directly over the basking rock- -- temps over that rock are around 94-95-- he basks- both spots-

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Thank you KarrieRee. I believe I mentioned it in my original post but the last vet gave us an oral steroid (prednisolone 15mg/5mL) and an antibiotic (Enrofloxacin suspension 100mg/mL) because he believes my beardie has a mass. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to give him the steroid and antibiotic or could it make him worse/more stressed?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is something that Tracie needs to address- she's the vet tech - she would know - I hope she responds tonite

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, I am so sorry that happened. I believe that the combination of them definitely
caused a toxic reaction. Where were the injections given?
The activated charcoal should help, how many doses have you given?
You can give a blended greens slurry made from parsley, cilantro, basil, mint & oregano mixed
with a small amount of blackstrap molasses. It sounds like he is anemic too if his gums & his
tongue are pale.
You are getting him to a vet on thursday? He is critical, poor thing.
Let us know how things are going & what the vet says.

Tracie

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Hi Tracie thank you for your response the vet said that he was injected in the muscle of his arm. I have given him 3 doses so far because I read a post that said charcoal can be given given every 4 hours. Is this correct? The charcoal is 260 mg. My beardie weighs around 490 grams. I will buy molasses tomorrow. I hope that he can make it to the vet it’s just difficult because they don’t believe the injections are what caused him to become ill. I have just been told that he is too far gone to be treated by a vet. Should I give him the antibiotic and steroid? His tongue become white after the injection.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Tracie is there anything that a vet can do to detox him and possibly save him? Or should we just keep him at home and continue with the charcoal?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There was no indication of infection so not sure that antibiotics would be needed at all, not sure on steroids either. A vet could give sub-q fluids if you can't get him to drink much, that could help but no other meds. right now since they have not given you a sure diagnosis. In any medical field the doctor would look for what happened right before the onset of strange symptoms. In your case it was the vitamin shots to cause the beard swelling. The top of the head swelling could be a huge coincidence but that seems like a long shot.

You might try getting water in him by adding a bit of raw honey or grape juice if he won't drink plain water. You can also try going in the side of his mouth by wiggling the tip of a syringe in and depressing the plunger very slowly.

Kchacon54

Original Poster
Tracie I fed him the green slurry that you told me to give him. How often do I give this to him? Is this in place of the charcoal or I can give him charcoal as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom