Is my beardie too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NivAndBlu

My bearded dragon was bought at Petco at September of 2020 which is around 7 months, Blu is about 9 inches, is he too small? Or is his size fine, if so then I will need help :?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and UVB play a huge role in growth and overall health and behavior-- please tell us what your using for a UVB and his basking temps and how your taking them --- NO stick ons for temps and NO coils for UVB please--- also his diet --

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yeah, thats quite small for that age. You need to go over your temps, lighting and what brands the bulbs are, what you are feeding and your supplement schedule.

NivAndBlu

Original Poster
Gail":36uyo7xn said:
Yeah, thats quite small for that age. You need to go over your temps, lighting and what brands the bulbs are, what you are feeding and your supplement schedule.

Ive been trying to give him some greens, sometimes fruit, and worms. I just have one from petco, is it a good enough brand or do i need a better one?

NivAndBlu

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3pdsy7mk said:
Basking temps and UVB play a huge role in growth and overall health and behavior-- please tell us what your using for a UVB and his basking temps and how your taking them --- NO stick ons for temps and NO coils for UVB please--- also his diet --

Tell met the best diet for a beardie who needs to grow, I can try giving him greens, worms, and other stuff!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking temps are what? And how are you taking them? No stick ons-- UVB is a coil or a tube? The coils are NO good -- you want a long tube fixture -- please post a pic of the tank and lighting we can better help then -- beardie
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post -- what size tank please?
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
he will not eat w/ out proper lighting and basking temps- I would look at ordering some BSFL order large do not dust them and feed on top of his salads every morning add them to the top of his salads as lures to the bowl you will need a bowl like glass or ceramic so the worms cannot get out --
BUT you first need to get your lighting in order along w/ basking temps -- hes 7 months old temps should be 95-110 -- take w/ digital probe thermometer
if you need help w/ the UVB I can help you but you MUST get this in order ASAP --

NivAndBlu

Original Poster
OK, thanks! Do you know a name of a better UVB light? Cuz I just have one that petco gave me, It has 2 light bulbs, orange and white. Orange produces heat while white is for light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You want a long tube fixture--zoo med sunblaster or Arcadia- I use zoo med-- 40 gallon tank + go w/ a 24" fixture-- check www.petmountain.com - make sure you get the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--- get rid of the colored bulb - they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage---the fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it you can use it as a backup but distance and placement is different from the other one the 10.0- if you need more help please ask I can help you get it placed when you get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom