I don’t know if my beardie Apollo is sick or not????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I woke up and my beardie was sleeping under his hammock so I grabbed him and put him on his hammock and turned on his lamps so he could warm up and after about 15 minutes he tried climbing up his hammock and he failed and and he laid in the corner of his tank and he started gaping afterwards I laid with him and kept watching him and he kept keeping his mouth open and eventually his beard turned black and the top of his tail also turned black and he kept gaping I took him a bath and tried to give him some water and he didn’t want it. I dried him off and laid with again and he’s super lethargic and his eyes aren’t as droopy as earlier but he’s breathing heavily and gapes every now and then sometimes when he breathes in he lifts his head up then drops it again and opens his mouth and closes but not gaping. I don’t know what it could be he’s not as energetic as he usually is he usually runs around my bed when I take him out my tank. Someone please help me find out what is wrong with him so I can get him proper help!

mybeardieapollo

Original Poster
I’m not too sure how to post pictures on here but if someone can let me know so I can give anyone a good idea of what is wrong with him.

Gail

BD.org Addict
You have to upload pics to a image host site like imgr then post the img code here.
How far did he fall? Is he still breathing hard and gaping? It always hard to go off a description but I would get him to a vet asap, those symptoms don't sound good to me.

mybeardieapollo

Original Poster
Gail":3nmqoq0u said:
You have to upload pics to a image host site like imgr then post the img code here.
How far did he fall? Is he still breathing hard and gaping? It always hard to go off a description but I would get him to a vet asap, those symptoms don't sound good to me.
It wasn’t a hard fall his enclosure is still small cause he’s still small but I mentioned it cause usually when he falls off his hammock he has the energy to get back up and keep doing whatever he may be doing. He is still breathing a bit hard but the blackness in his beard comes and goes. Right now I have him in his tank basking and it has gone away. And thank you for letting me know how to do it!

mybeardieapollo

Original Poster
Gail":v5uxvsh9 said:
Another update he just peed but only peed and it’s very watery!

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its possible he just got the wind knocked out of him and/or scared the heck out of him too.

How is he moving? Eating at all? If he seems unable to walk like normal or use his mouth properly, have him seen by a vet.
For now, just keep a close eye on him. I wouldn't worry about one watery poo.

mybeardieapollo

Original Poster
Gail":ca8nyoj4 said:
Its possible he just got the wind knocked out of him and/or scared the heck out of him too.

How is he moving? Eating at all? If he seems unable to walk like normal or use his mouth properly, have him seen by a vet.
For now, just keep a close eye on him. I wouldn't worry about one watery poo.
No I don’t think so but no he doesn’t want to eat and he isn’t moving like he used to he moves up his hammock and then he slowly relaxes. It seems like the worst keeps coming and going. His continuous gaping and black beard then it goes away and he stops gaping then he’s just laying on his hammock fine.

mybeardieapollo

Original Poster
Update: My baby Apollo died and I still am not sure from what but it hurts me so much to know he was in pain in his last moments. I can’t begin to explain the amount of hurt I feel from losing my baby. I adored him and tried to give him the best care but sometimes the universe has other plans. I hope he knew how much I loved him and how I will continue to love him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How heartbreaking :cry: -- the fall must have caused some internal injuries I am thinking--- when they are little like that they tend to do alot of jumping but you said he fell? They are clumsy as well when they are babies --- we often recommend not to have decor up too high for that reason -- again I am sorry :(

Ellie2015

This is just my 2 cents but I doubt it was the fall if the fall was just in his enclosure. I have 3 bearded dragons I raised since they were only 4 inches or so and there was a lot of that going on then and throu oyt their whole life and they never got hurt. Maybe something was already wrong and that is why he fell. IDK just a thought. But yah, sorry, that sucks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, I am so sorry that this happened.:cry: Sometimes they just have initial health problems that don't manifest right
away & there is no way that you can tell when you first get them.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom