What are the names of your beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's amazing that you guys have beardies that know their names and respond to them. :shock: Did you do anything special to get them to learn their names?

SHBailey":n8tfon1t said:
It's amazing that you guys have beardies that know their names and respond to them. :shock: Did you do anything special to get them to learn their names?

one way is to just call out their name every time you see them, and eventually they could learn their own name, but if you want your beardie to come when it's called, you can put them on a leash and probably a slippery floor like wood floors or tile, then call their name and pull them closer, and give it a treat, then repeat it until they walk on their own towards you.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Wow. They're not kidding when they say it's a dog in a lizard's body.

But our beardie is more like a cat in a lizard's body -- he's got a mind of his own. Maybe we should have named him after a cat. :wink:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I've noticed that lots of beardies end up with an opposite gender name. People don't know to begin with and by the time they find out, the name sticks. Our "Puff" could probably have worked for a boy or a girl, although the dragon in the song is a "he." We were already pretty sure he was a male when we named him. That's what they told us at the rescue where we got him, and the vet agreed. :)

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
my baby is named Chester I call him chess for short I named him that bc it was the only fitting name I could think of :lol: and he's hypo but in the future, I would like to get a red bearde and name him/her Mushu from Mulan! bc everyone calls him a snake/lizard it's adorable! he also has a cricket friend :lol: :wink: this is him https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/25877/full it really fits!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Haven't heard of a "snake/lizard" but I have heard it said that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body. Ours is more of a cat in a lizard's body -- he's got a mind of his own. :wink:

We used to have a snake named Squirmles. The name was fitting. :)

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
SHBailey":31vmfji6 said:
Haven't heard of a "snake/lizard" but I have heard it said that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body. Ours is more of a cat in a lizard's body -- he's got a mind of his own. :wink:

We used to have a snake named Squirrels. The name was fitting. :)
no, I meant Mushu the character is always called a snake/lizard :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I wouldn't mind seeing it myself at least once. But we don't go to movies these days. Too busy and spending too much $ taking care of the "golden dragon." :roll:

Seems like lots of people get the names of their beardies (and other critters) from favorite movies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
yep but i named my baby after the first name that popped out of my head and it had to be Chester but I'm not regretting it because it was the best choice I've ever made I can't have asked for more :eek:

lgxfuad13

110953-6746472306.jpg
Chenpoes":3m31mcb4 said:
Whenever I browse the forum I see some very interesting names, and it just got me curious. Also, if you can remember, what were some of the contenders when you were first naming them? Personally I went a bit basic, my girl's name is Mashed Potatoes lol...

Atreyu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom