Drinking water

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I just learned recently that bearded dragons love hot bathes i always had it luke warm about 75-80 but I bought a thermometer to gauge the water they (male and female) both prefer to bathe in 90-95 max my question is that when I bathe my male (just out of brumation) he drinks the water and its mainly how he gets most of his water (plus he LOVES to swim) but is it really safe to drink 90-95 degree water? I always let him drink it before but it was 75-80 degrees not 90+ I'm just afraid it maybe harmful to them both

Any comment is helpful thanks

lgxfuad13

TheBeard9789":3dj29k6r said:
Hey guys I just learned recently that bearded dragons love hot bathes i always had it luke warm about 75-80 but I bought a thermometer to gauge the water they (male and female) both prefer to bathe in 90-95 max my question is that when I bathe my male (just out of brumation) he drinks the water and its mainly how he gets most of his water (plus he LOVES to swim) but is it really safe to drink 90-95 degree water? I always let him drink it before but it was 75-80 degrees not 90+ I'm just afraid it maybe harmful to them both

My thing, even with kids is, if it "burns" your wrist it "burns" their throat.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
lgxfuad13":3gh91tfd said:
TheBeard9789":3gh91tfd said:

My thing, even with kids is, if it "burns" your wrist it "burns" their throat.

I can see that never thought of it that way I definitely dont want 90+ in a bath but for them its heaven

Gail

BD.org Addict
I don't think 90-95 degree water is going to burn his throat. I can drink tap water at its absolute hottest with no discomfort and bath water is nowhere near that hot.

lgxfuad13

Gail":3irp8riz said:
I don't think 90-95 degree water is going to burn his throat. I can drink tap water at its absolute hottest with no discomfort and bath water is nowhere near that hot.

Hot tubs get to 112 and that's max for our bathish but without holding that temp. Even in a bath or sink turned all the way at its hottest I couldn't drink it without some sting.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
95 degrees is cooler than their basking spot temp, so no, I wouldn’t say it’s harmful. Unless you’re talking in Celsius in which I would just say you have a cooked bearded dragon if they are in 95°C water ?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Do you drink coffee? Most home coffee machines brew between 195 - 205.

If you are worried about him drinking hot water, let him drink from a warm bath then heat it more for him to play

SPandS

Juvie Member
I've always tried to make their bath water close to their basking temps unless it's been a while since they've pooped and then I'll up it a bit more. I'm not sure what their internal temps are if they are healthy and basking normally since they are cold blooded but I would think it would be similar to their basking temps. If that's the case drinking 90-95 degree water shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom