Bearded dragon got sucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the fixture you got for the UVB? Brand and bulb please -- it is one I have never seen before-- how many bulbs are in it please take a pic of the bulbs w/ lights off

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":4yw8wp1y said:
What is the fixture you got for the UVB? Brand and bulb please -- it is one I have never seen before-- how many bulbs are in it please take a pic of the bulbs w/ lights off
It is a reptisun 10 h0 fixture the smallest size. I purchased it on petmountain.com with the 10 bulb. It comes with the 5.0 I use on my panther chameleon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So your using the 14" fixture?? Your will need to upgrade that fixture to at least a 24" -- please show me the set up of the tank ---- your screen on the tank is a wide hole or a fine mesh like a screen door- if its a fine mesh the fixture either needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor or if the screen is wide hole type it can sit on the screen w/ a distance of 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor --- these placement and distances are imperative for correct UVB rays ----

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1uchrc3i said:
So your using the 14" fixture?? Your will need to upgrade that fixture to at least a 24" -- please show me the set up of the tank ---- your screen on the tank is a wide hole or a fine mesh like a screen door- if its a fine mesh the fixture either needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor or if the screen is wide hole type it can sit on the screen w/ a distance of 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor --- these placement and distances are imperative for correct UVB rays ----
I have a 22" t5 h0 fixture I could use. 14" actually been working well. Its wide hole screen cover.
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your 14" is a T 5 as well? If so please put a piece of decor directly under the UVB approx 8-10 inches -- he needs to be able to sit directly under it and make sure you change the bulb out in approx 1 year I do mine a month prior to

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3i7dzraq said:
Your 14" is a T 5 as well? If so please put a piece of decor directly under the UVB approx 8-10 inches -- he needs to be able to sit directly under it and make sure you change the bulb out in approx 1 year I do mine a month prior to
The 14" is a reptisun 10 but is the skinny bulb t5 or H0 not sure real name of it. Is starting a dubia colony hard to do? Have a few reptiles that are eating alot of them daily.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
This is kinda off topic. But wanted to post it anyways. Was feeding his sister today an she looked so cute. Shes also not like her brother if you can tell. She's a picky eater.
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok she's opening her mouth- you need to work w/ her same idea applies- try handfeeding put a blanket piece of clothing in her hide something w your smell on it so she gets used to you- you can hold her for a few minutes at a time in her tank -

Tahtee

How is your baby doing? I’m sorry for the cold responses no one purposely sucks their pet into their vacuum and then posts for help, like I’m sure the little guy would rather live than get put from its misery over a bum leg.... was just curious if he survived this or not.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Tahtee":1qndnysk said:
How is your baby doing? I’m sorry for the cold responses no one purposely sucks their pet into their vacuum and then posts for help, like I’m sure the little guy would rather live than get put from its misery over a bum leg.... was just curious if he survived this or not.
Hes actually doing great! Has ton of energy an is very strong. Doesnt like be held why I say that lol. Leg is 100% recovered. Wasn't on purpose it was being lazy. Just one of those days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for the update, that is terrific his leg is all back to normal now. He is one lucky
dragon, to have no residual damage done from the accident. I'm glad to hear he is doing
well & eating, too.
Let us know how he is progressing.

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Hes currently shedding an actually being a bit more tamed. Then he was an is actually really into squash. Been eating all of it an not touching greens. Just hoping that's normal.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Hi,
Have a question on the reptisun 10 t5 h0 skinny tubes. Do they need be replaced every 6 months or yearly. I know the reptisun 10 t8 are every 6 months. But just wanna make sure. These bulbs are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom