Possible coccidia?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haleyphillips7

HELP! So I’m making a vet appointment for my baby but I need opinions. I may just be an hypochondriac but I’m scared my beardie has gotten coccidia. Has anyone else had to go through this with their beardie? If so can you explain what it’s like? She has had runny poops for a few days and hasn’t eaten as much but thankfully is still eating. Sometimes she’s super lazy and then other times she’s running all over the tank. I’m worried she’s gunna become dehydrated so I give her a hornworm every now and then but I feel like that may be adding to the runs. I will add that she just got done shedding and just got moved into a new tank so I’m hoping it’s just stress. What’s y’all opinion? I’m honestly freaking out. TIA

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She's going thru relocation stress- eating will be off till she acclimates to the tank and surroundings- diet and basking temps and UVB all play roles in runny poop-- please go over those things I just mentioned- temps what are they how are you taking them ? Uvb ? No coils please! What are you feeding? Does the poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? If you suspect parasites/ coccidia they will need a fecal - take one in DO NOT LET THEM DO A ENEMA-- they often end up in disaster! IF the dragon does have parasites/ coccidia they will put him on meds you will need to sanitize the tank everyday w/ some rescue or zoo meds wipeout- but first we need to see if it's your lighting and diet causing the runny stools

Haleyphillips7

Original Poster
Her tank should be perfect. No coils. Her temps are 101F on the basking side and 81F on the cool. Measured with probes. The UVB is a Arcadia t5. Her poop doesn’t smell any worse than it ever has. She eats dubia roaches rarely ever crickets, she gets hornworms and mealworms as treats. And sticks her nose up at greens. She gets calcium on her bugs once a day. The repashy superfood calcium plus. An update on her as well, she just ate 9 roaches. About an average amount for a night.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your uvb should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- it looks too high and a piece of decor should be directly underneath it--- how are you getting the basking temp? IR guns cannot read off of hammocks-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom