Fecal test negative but lethargic and no appetite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she lethargic or just basking? And you have the UVB and basking area together?

JakeDagger

Original Poster
Well the reason for the fecal test was lethargic and low appetite, and yeah uvb and basking spot both shining towards basking spot, but because of the way the viv is they’re not directly next to eachother, on the roof they’re maybe 3 inches apart but I have a little wedge under the uvb making it shine directly to the basking spot 13” away. However when I gave her a bath her energy was there and she seemed much happier so maybe it’s just gonna take time for her to adapt to the new viv, you did comment on the photo of my new viv a couple days ago if you remember so you have seen the setup. However I measured her back temp and belly temp and belly was only 35 and back was 41C so maybe it’s just not quite warm enough the basking platform is a piece of cork

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Measure the temp of the cork -- not her -- watch her behavior -- is she eating now? and shes basking - it may take her some time to start moving around her tank since she was just put in there

JakeDagger

Original Poster
The cork was 42C when I put her in there but then she’s been led on it so it went down a significant amount as it doesn’t retain heat, she ate a roach and some mealworms earlier, but nothing since, I’ve just made a little stack of rocks where her spot is to see if that’ll change anything, letting them get up to temps now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Shes going to go thru relocation stress -- so her eating maybe off - as long as shes eating something and keeping her hydrated is going to help too -- let her acclimate to the tank and surroundings -- w/ her basking temps being up to par and UVB everything should fall in to place

JakeDagger

Original Poster
Alright just the fact she was basking all day made me think maybe she just wasn’t getting hot enough, like she didn’t move at all except around on her cork, I’ll see how these rocks do for the next hour or so and then it’s bedtime for her but if she still isn’t moving around much I’ll put the cork back! Thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what size is your dragon [ length + weight ] and can you post a pic of her ? Can you check the fake plants to see if she's possibly eaten a leaf ?

JakeDagger

Original Poster
Hi so she is 17-18”, I’m unsure of weight but has her fat pads and the vet when I last visited said she was a healthy weight. The fake plants was a worry for me too due to impaction, however she tried that once or twice in the last viv and she figured they aren’t edible, but I have got her to know salad comes in bowls not on trees hahaha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks pretty healthy and alert in the photos. She looks to be a good weight/size. In the second photo it looks like her fingers are a bit swollen. Does she have any other swelling around fingers/toes or joints? The swelling along the finger could be a few things that I can think of.
Sometimes when they shed their fingers and toes they will swell up a bit to help loosen the skin then return to normal after the shed.
The tips of their fingers can swell up if they catch their nail on something. This can result in injury but will often go back to normal if the finger isn't disturbed much.
If the swelling is seen on other joints then it may be caused by gout. This can be identified via blood test or by extracting fluid from the swollen area and testing it. Gout can be treated using tart cherry extract and with medications such as allopurinol.

JakeDagger

Original Poster
So from what I know as I saw this and mentioned it to the vet is one of her toes is a little swollen but isn’t pink or sore, so I was told to bathe her just incase and if she limps or seems in pain then go back to the vet, I’m glad to hear she looks healthy, she’s just gone into her bioactive viv after the fecal came back negative so will be a little shy and stressed for a couple weeks but hoping she gets better

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK good. Keep an eye on it and look out for other swollen areas but it's likely just shed or maybe a twisted finger then - much less serious.

JakeDagger

Original Poster
Spoke to the vet again today, she’s going on panacur for pinworms and then told to keep an eye on her as she adjusts to her new viv, if she doesn’t improve in a month or anything gets worse I’ve gotta take her in for blood test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom