Basking uvb and florescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Can a bearded dragon get too much UVB/UVA? For instance I have a T8 Desert series 50 fluorescent bulb 15W in the enclosure for UVB/UVA and I want to include a higher basking bulb but most give off UVB/UVA already so I'm wondering if it could be too much to have both the florescent bulb and basking bulb at the same time or should I have 1 or the other but not both

Any ideas or opinions is appreciated thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need one good bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a adult / juvenile-- one good UVB the T 8 should be in the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches in a fixture w/ a reflector directly above the basking decor -- the Reptisun 10.0 is one of the better bulbs on the market - no Thrive no Zilla bulbs --- a digital probe thermometer to get accurate readings for temps -- these things I just posted are the most important things in that tank --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2uxy6rfl said:
You need one good bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a adult / juvenile-- one good UVB the T 8 should be in the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches in a fixture w/ a reflector directly above the basking decor -- the Reptisun 10.0 is one of the better bulbs on the market - no Thrive no Zilla bulbs --- a digital probe thermometer to get accurate readings for temps -- these things I just posted are the most important things in that tank --

Noted pretty much what I have set up saving for a longer bulb/fixture for a 4x2x2 enclosure once I have my female placed inside

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
A 24" fixture w/ reflector will work - you do not want the same length of the tank--

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":j9ymwpf8 said:
A 24" fixture w/ reflector will work - you do not want the same length of the tank--

Noob question but what do you mean by reflector also I agree that 2 feet would be fine to cover least half of the tank give or take on where I can mount the Fluorescent bulb securely thats sadly the dilemma with the enclosure I will have to have it suspended from the top

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Some people go out and by fixtures from Home Depot etc those under counter fixtures DO NOT have reflectors in them --- you want something like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2lkdyk0t said:
Some people go out and by fixtures from Home Depot etc those under counter fixtures DO NOT have reflectors in them --- you want something like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia

I'll have to do some more research then I got a T8 fixture from amazon for a good price went through forums and it was recommended though not made specifically for reptiles but it does get the job done for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom