Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get a pic of the inside of her mouth -- you can use like a credit card to get her mouth open - but she sounds like shes got something going on in the mouth --- Tracie our vet tech mod or AHBD would need to see the inside--

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
I will try my hardest! I made a vet appointment for Friday as well. It won't hurt her if anyone opens her mouth will it?

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
Here is a picture I got of the screen you asked for, her tank and her mouth. I'll try getting a better one of her mouth when my boyfriend gets home to help me.
Please not the lumpy looking thing and crust on her mouth is from some repashy I tried to get her to eat off my finger.

I just went out and bought a halogen basking bulb, I realized the "intense basking bulb" I had from exo terra just wasn't getting hot enough, she'd have to be like 3inches away from it. Then I'd have to stack the logs too high and I'd be afraid shed fall. SO here's the new log layout with the 75watt halogen on a dimmer at about half capacity because holy cow do these get hot. She just basked/gaped under it for the first time in days. She just walked to her salad, cocked her head, looked like she was going to eat and then slinked away. Ugh.
109981-6327322810.jpg
109981-1052789037.jpg
109981-8490618448.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so if you can get a better shot of the inside of the mouth that would be great--- what is in the dome? How are you taking basking temps? I dont see anything in the tank? Please get a basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer-- - also I would look at getting her off the floor- dragons like to be able to see whats going on around them and being on the floor kind of eliminates that also the floor is cold and drafty--

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
I bought her a new basking bulb. A 75 watt halogen bulb. Thats what is in the dome. I do not have a table large enough to get her off the floor, I had to move her upstairs for the inter because it was too cold downstairs. Once we move her back down she goes in the living room where she can watch tv and see everyone all the time. I take her temps with a temp gun I also have two little black digital thermometers/hygrometers on each side of the tank. As well as a digital probe which is not being used at the moment

Valkyrie47

Original Poster
Basking temp is 107. Hot side of the tank is around 95 up top, 87 at the bottom near her rock cave. The cool aside is 75.
I put in her new halogen bulb an hour ago and she just ate an entire salad and 24 Dubia roaches. ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok what bulb wattage and brand are you using they have certain distances for certain wattagez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom