COCCIDIA MEDS DID NOT WORK TWICE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
I just got him back home and I'm a little concerned about three things first thing is he looks a bit strange like I don't know what it is but he just looks weird Idk if it just me though and the second thing I noticed there was a loose scale on the back of his head??!!? It's not shed I know that the scale is just strait up lose and the third thing is that one of his back legs have a little bit of grey on them which I can't remember seeing before and the good things are: no black bearding and is strong and no more/less bloating and is eating well I'm going to go put him on a scale right now to see if he lost/gained some grams and I also am feeding him and so far he's eaten 4 ml of occ :D we are going to wait 2 weeks then move him to harder food like greens so he can start eating healthy but what do you think ab my concerns?

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
I'm so proud of him! he looked weird because he was scared of the moving and stuff and that's why he looked strange to me! and his leg is still concerning I will post a pic but overall I'm super proud of him! he ways 324 grams now and before when he wasn't eating he was 310-314 and he used to be 330 before meds so I'm sooooo proud of him. did I mention I was proud of him :lol: we will see his stool tomorrow!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Be sure to post some pictures of your boy. The leg sounds like it is getting ready to shed if
it's gray in color. It would be good to see the scale on the back of his head.
At least he has gained some weight though, it sounds like he is doing well. Since he doesn't
have a black beard I wouldn't be too concerned about the scale on his head. It could be from
him rubbing his head on something perhaps that damaged it.
If his appetite is good you can start giving more solid food pretty quickly.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613":1vvgilqr said:
Hello,

Be sure to post some pictures of your boy. The leg sounds like it is getting ready to shed if
it's gray in color. It would be good to see the scale on the back of his head.
At least he has gained some weight though, it sounds like he is doing well. Since he doesn't
have a black beard I wouldn't be too concerned about the scale on his head. It could be from
him rubbing his head on something perhaps that damaged it.
If his appetite is good you can start giving more solid food pretty quickly.

Tracie

ill send pics when I get home and also I know it's not shed bc it just on a few scales and his other leg is in a shed and he is acting a bit scared and also he had a black beard when I was going to put him to bed I think he was just not used to it and also he keeps on closing one of his eyes for some reason I looked at his eye and there was nothing different or anything abnormal so do you know why he keeps on closing his left eye I will take a pic of it tho :| and it looks like he has a small cut on his finger I think it could be poop on his foot but I cleaned it and I think its a cut it's not infected thankfully but he probably scratched it on his plastic log bc it has a sharp spot so I'm going to tape that so it is not a hazard but what should I do? should I put Neosporin on it I think I have some but I'm a bit scared that it might get infested its not large its a very small cut that he has on the largest finger on his back leg and it seems to be quite healed so I'm not too worried about it but I'm slightly concerned. as you can see I'm a very worried bearde mamma 8) :lol:

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
ok so I figured out his leg is nothing to worry about it's just his coloration :banghead: but I will post a pic just in case and to get to the point where I'm worried I've been giving him too much protein I'm worried about his kidneys bc I'm giving him just protein what should I do and what are thee signs of kidney failure? also he has A LOT of blood in his stool what should I do

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
full
his foot
full
his leg
full
his eye I'm worried ab
full

full

full

what do you think???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He isn't looking too bad there, pretty alert!
Is his head/eye area possibly going to shed? He could have rubbed it on something in his
tank possibly.
It doesn't appear that his finger is infected but for most small cuts you can use neosporin or
polysporin to help ward off any infection. Is his leg going to shed?
How is his appetite now?

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
his apatite is AMAZING but he hasn't pooped a large poop for me so I'm kinda worried about that otherwise his pooping the size of 3/4 of a penny :( I think he might be impacted by the mealworms she gave him idk please help. about his apatite he ate 4 blueberrys yesterday! he LOVED them :mrgreen: and he ate 7 ml of 70% baby food mixed with 20% occ and I gave him a spa day yesterday he loved it! i gave him a bath and brushed him of and deep clean his tank big time! he was happy. and I think he might be going to shed on his head bc its getting a bit grey and his right back leg is shedding! and I don't think its a cut because the rest of his foot has a bunch of poop on it so I think he might have just stepped in his stool :puke: and also I think my aunt might have been lying to me ab his stool bc he cant all of a sudden poop like this :| she said there was no blood in his stool when he got home his first poop he's ALOT of blood in it ill post a pic but im afraid she was ling to make me not worry :( :banghead: im just concerned ab his mabe impaction i felt his stomach and there is nothing hard/i could feel so I don't exactly think he's impacted but could he just be doing this bc of stress. i want you to know he has an AMAZING apatite and im not worry about it AT ALL bc im going to slowly move him to eating his salads by Monday! tell me what you think about these things!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
I'm really proud of him I can't explain how happy I am that he's getting better there was a point where I thought he wouldn't make it :cry: but he's getting better and I hope it will stay that way :love5: but hopefully he's not impacted I just want to get this over with so he can be healthy and happy again :) do you think he'll be ok? he's my first dragon and I did as much research as I possibly could and I'm trying my best to help him I have high hopes for him :blob8: do you?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He sure has a great appetite, that is terrific to hear!
He is most definitely improving, you should be proud of his progress. Keep trying & encouraging
him so that he stays positive also.
Just be sure he is getting plenty of fluids & you can mix in canned pumpkin or sugar free apple
sauce to help with any impaction issues.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613":1emk1up3 said:
Hello,

He sure has a great appetite, that is terrific to hear!
He is most definitely improving, you should be proud of his progress. Keep trying & encouraging
him so that he stays positive also.
Just be sure he is getting plenty of fluids & you can mix in canned pumpkin or sugar free apple
sauce to help with any impaction issues.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
do you think sweet potato baby food would work or just apple sauce? and also ever since we got him he strains to poop what do you think that's about he will push as hard as he can and nothing would come out and before he poops he black beards and glass surfs then he poops and panics what is happening??? is there some sort of underlining issue or is it from his parasites and he gets 5ml to 7ml of diluted petalite daily so he's def hydrated :lol: I'm just concerned about the straining:? and we are celebrating his birthday tomorrow he's going to the park! it's his first b-day!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks like a lizard king up there. :) BTW, if he passes anymore blood, take a pic right away to post here.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
AHBD":2pvjfjlc said:
He looks like a lizard king up there. :) BTW, if he passes anymore blood, take a pic right away to post here.

ok! I took a pic on my phone I just need to charge it :x it's dead and also he opens his mouth the slightest bit for no reason whatsoever and keeps it open why does he do that I also he has a small dot on his neck it doesn't seem to be a mite or coloring ether I think its poop but ill post a pic anyways 8) :lol: a fun fact about my king is that whenever I feed him I call him my king or lord :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom