Glass Surfing Lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chels0304

Hey everyone, I'm noticing my female bearded dragon (1.5 years old roughly) is glass surfing a lot lately. I do have her with me all day and lately I've also been letting her out of her tank a lot more (I have an area she can see out the window where I have a heat set up with a temp reader etc but it allows her to look out the window and see people driving by.)

Her temperatures are all set properly (Her basking spot is 101, her cool area is 83 degrees) I just got her a new tank (we got it for her Saturday, but she was glass surfing in her old tank too) that is 70 gallon long tank, with decor from her old tank. I have had her at the vet recently and had X rays done that show she has no eggs in her belly.

Im wondering if maybe shes just acting like a toddler, that she learned if she scratches I will take her out and she can see outside. Is there something I can do to help lessen her glass surfing or entertain her in her tank? Thanks in advance!
(a pic of her tank so yall can see!)

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank looks nice but not very high-- I would get something w/ texture on the two shelves -- does she do a lot of slipping on them? I am thinking she has spring fever w/ all the glass surfing shes doing - does she stop after shes been out for awhile -- what UVB are you using please? brand and bulb ? T 5 or a T 8

Chels0304

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1l2951jf said:
The tank looks nice but not very high-- I would get something w/ texture on the two shelves -- does she do a lot of slipping on them? I am thinking she has spring fever w/ all the glass surfing shes doing - does she stop after shes been out for awhile -- what UVB are you using please? brand and bulb ? T 5 or a T 8

It's definitely not super high, I think height wise it measures 18.5 inches high! She doesn't seem to slip on them at all, but do you have a recommendation on what I can safely put there?

The moment I take her out of her tank, she's very calm. She loves to just sit at the window calmly, or sit with me and not do much. As for UVB, I have a hooded t-5 set up, the bulb is Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 mounted inside the tank.

The tank came with a dual t-8 set up (I wanna say its an exo terra dual set up?) but her t-5 with the reflector seems to provide a much brighter and less yellow light, even with 2 brand new t-8 reptisun 10.0 bulbs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So how many UVB's are you using? The T 5 should have a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- you could try some textured NON adhesive shelf liner-- or a piece of slated ceramic tile that would keep the nails down -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom