Egg Laying Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz123

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all well.

So my bearded dragon is pregnant for the 3rd time this year. Every time has been relatively smooth and I feel like I am getting the hang of things. So my BD laid one egg in the middle of her vivarium today. She hasn't been digging and isn't at all restless so I haven't put her in her lay box yet. Just seems odd to have laid one and not begun digging.

Any suggestions at all?

Thank you.

SPandS

Juvie Member
How long has it been since the last time she laid? Is it possible it's just a left over egg?

Muzz123

Original Poster
Hi SandP,

Thank you for responding. She last laid around a month or so ago. She was subsequently given a MRI scan to make sure she didn't have any eggs left also and there wasn't any found.

She has put on significant weight in the last two weeks and has also begun to shed too.

Muzz

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's possible that she's ready to lay another clutch even though she's not digging. Best to put her in her laybox.

Muzz123

Original Poster
Thank you AHBD

She is currently in bed asleep now so I will put her tomorrow. It just seemed a little unusual considering she hasn't given any of the normal indicators that she is ready. I mean she hasn't been glass surfing either. In fact, her behaviour hasn't really changed except she has stopped eating in the last two days which is normal.

Thank you for your help. I will see how she gets on tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom