Help 3days not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPandS

Juvie Member
I have the zilla fixture in 1 of my tanks until I upgrade to the zoomed t5ho. I'm using string to tie the fixture to the screen. I have mine along the back and the heat dome in front of it sitting on the screen. I don't have any pics at the moment and his lights are off for the night but if you still need pics tomorrow I'll get one for you.

DracosMama

Original Poster
Yes please... See My worry is this new tank that I just got him the 40 gallon one that opens in the front the top screen looks very cheap and flimsy I don't think it would hold that UVB light if I tied it on there with wires or fishing string.. and the only place I could think to velcro it would be on the inside all the way to the back but I would have to keep my heat light a good distance because it already burned up my old UVB fixture for having them too close the good news is I might be ordering 36 by 18x18 from All American cages, if I do then my bearded dragon will be put into the new cage and that one I know I can mount the UVB light inside and then they have a cutout for the heat.. but I have not ordered it yet so regardless that's going to take at least a week or two if I do that so I need some ideas for now because the poor little guy just sits on his hammock all day long he has 40 gallon tank he doesn't do nothing yesterday I did see him eat too crickets but I've had him for going on a month now and everybody tells me that baby should be eating like 10 to 20 crickets three times a day well he doesn't want nothing to do with the black soldier fly larvae, still don't touch the veggies, every now and then he'll eat a worm actually he did eat two worms yesterday and two crickets I was extremely proud, but then after that right back up on his hammock.. he has his big tank and doesn't do nothing with it, I got my leopard gecko and a 20 gallon tank which used to belong to him, and the Leo's all over the place in that 20 gallon tank, but my beardy doesn't move in his 40 gallon tank LOL anyway I'm going to take a picture of the top on his new cage so I can show you the screen and how flimsy it looks

DracosMama

Original Poster
The second picture is me showing you how I rigged it today, I pop the screen off the back and left it open about two inches and then set the UV light over that open area so that way there was no net taking any UVB, and then I just put my heat lamp next to it.. I actually also have a dome UVB light that I've had on for a couple days to see if you know maybe he was lacking UVB so I turned on both of them but the other ones a dome so it literally shines in one area and also sitting on top of the net

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dome light ? Is that a coil UVB? If so get rid of it-- its not going to do any good in the 40 gallon tank and they arent any good anyways- - you got the right idea w/ the T 8 -- take the screen off enough to set the UVB on there get your basking decor piece directly under it approx 6-8 inches -- set the basking light next to it -- make it so you have a big basking area for him so he can get the best of the lights - post a pic of it after your done

DracosMama

Original Poster
Okay so as of right now I have my Zilla fixture Velcro on the basking side, inside the enclosure it is a tube light, I removed the clear plastic and now there is no net or screen in the way.. well it only is 18 in long and only covers about half to enclosure.. so I found a really good deal from someone that's selling two two feet long UVB fixtures but the only problem is they are T5 so how would I go about putting that in my enclosure let me show you what it looks like now and that way you can give me some advice on what I could do with the t5, I really do want to get them because it's a good deal not only that he has two of them that he's selling for a total of $60, I also have another enclosure that I could use the other one for that's why I am trying to jump on this deal but I noticed it's a T5 and I know you can't switch T5 fixtures over to a t8 bulb so I wanted to get some advice.. here's what the current enclosure looks like as of right now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
With the wide screen you wont need to put the T 5 inside the tank -- it can sit on top w/ a distance of 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you're doing great trying to get the little guy set up, it can be nerve wracking ! Watch that he doesn't start hiding , it can happen if you have too much decor. Important Q, how are you measuring the temp ? Sorry if I missed that. With one 75 watt heat lamp it is possible that the tank is over all not warm enough. I'd go for a 100 watt bulb on the basking area to get the temp. up to 105 F and possibly a 40 -50 watt on the " cool side " to keep it around 82 F. You can get halogen bulbs from Walmart or Home Depot in a 4 pack like this for about $6.

DracosMama

Original Poster
I have two digital thermometers work t one ⁵ on the cool side and one in right underneath his baskfting spot, I also have a temp gun that I use threw out the day to double çfcheck everything.... Elsa has two hydrometers one on the cool side one on the hot..... I did change out his bulb instead of a 75 I am now using 100 w basking light, because I noticed the temps were not getting warm enough now his hotspot reaches about 108 and a gradients down in that area to 108-95° and then I got a ceramic heat emitter that is posted up on the cool end!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would move the one hygrometer to the middle of the tank back center wall -- I recommend a digital probe one - it will read the whole tank -- the CHE I would place it on top of screen center - it will keep the tank around the same temp- if your tank is not falling below 65 at nite I would not use it- a good nite time temps are 65-75-- how is his behavior now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom