Bent Wrists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomusik

Original Poster
Today she ate a bunch of crickets, waxworms and 2 huge hornworms. She also ate at least 70% of the kale and worms I left for her this morning. She is eating well!

I'll post an update as soon as I get the lamps and finish her new terrarium.

Here is a video from today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDoC7_wLCes

She can support her weight on her back legs, something that she couldn't (or didn't) do on day 1. She still walk on her wrist from time to time but quickly corrects it. Sometimes she's just lazy and leaves her hands that way. She can climb up her hide with no issues. She acts all wobbly when glass surfing (she goes NUTS when she sees the cricket keep!) I gave her a bath and she pooped so we're good there too. She's been shedding parts of her body as well.

AHBD That's a great idea. I'll remove those rocks until she improves further!

Regarding her gender, when I got her, they kept referring to her as "her" so I guess that's why I assumed she is a she, but here are 2 pictures of her... umm... private area :lol: . What do you guys think? Him or her?

full

full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would say it's possible you have a male, but I know AHBD can weigh in on this!
Wow, what a big improvement, that is terrific. You must be very happy to see so much
progress with him.
How is his appetite doing?
Keep us posted on the progress!

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Tracie, there are some very slight lumps in the tail above the vent so probably a bouncing beardie boy. :)

Aomusik

Original Poster
Then she is a him! :lol:

Guess that store manager's knowledge on bearded dragons is the same as my knowledge on nuclear fusion.

His appetite is off the scales. The way I see it, either I'll have to declare bankruptcy or build my own cricket/worm farm. :lol: :lol: :lol: He eats A LOT!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Will there be a name change ? Not that it's necessary at all but you might get a different view of your new pet. And yes, they eat a ton ! Keep up with the greens to keep him full and hopefully start a good lifelong habit. Superworms are REALLY easy to keep so I always have them on hand although you can't feed many at one time, like 2-4 every other day for a juvenile and a few ,more for adult. The dubias + crickets should be the staples.

Aomusik

Original Poster
Quick update:

Terrarium is almost done. I'll post pics once its 100% completed!

full

I think I will call him "Felipe." :D

I'll look into making a superworm and cricket farm, that way I can feed him without issues!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The new terrarium will look terrific & "Felipe" will love it. So....you have decided to go ahead
& keep him? I think since he is improving that he definitely has great spirit. Plus, he has likely
already bonded or really enjoying his home with you.
We are all looking forward to following his progress.

Tracie

Aomusik

Original Poster
Update:

Light fixture and bulb arrived! Here's the completed setup.

full

full

full

I think he likes his new place. Gotta get something for the floor, this laminated film is very slippery for him. Tomorrow I'll add some waterproof carpet that I have from a finished project. Is a very thin carpet material.

I've decided to keep him as I love him and he loves me. He never closes his eyes when I pick him up or when I pet him so I think he likes me :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The setup looks very nice & bright! I am sure that he loves it.
I am sure he will continue to improve for you, he looks quite alert & happy there, too.
I am happy that you decided to keep him, you two have a connection now. Let us know
how he is doing!

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank looks great ---- you can also get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank from your local home improvement store - easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 -- I would get a piece of decor directly under Filipes UVB if that is a T 5 distance needs to be 12-15 inches for him -- hopefully w/ the good lighting he will continue to improve -- keep us posted

Aomusik

Original Poster
Good evening all!

Quick update, and quick question.

Felipe is doing well, he really likes the new lamp. His appetite is still on fire. He just finished shedding his head, and now has new scales to show off.

Check this video out. I managed to get it for the first time, but he always does this weird twitch, like his arm gets stuck. I don't know why he does it, but he does it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfvb8dDLalM

What do you guys think? Why does he do this? Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thank you in advanced!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Felipe looks really great, his colors are bright! I am glad that he finished up with his
shedding.
The neurological system is still probably compromised some from his calcium issues. If
he likes to move or swim around a little bit in his bath, that can help him build some strength
& stamina. Just be sure to watch him closely so that he doesn't roll himself over & drown or
aspirate water.
I am happy he likes his light, too. I hope he continues to improve for you!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom