Baby beardie kicking me

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Baby beardie kicking me

Postby DriftWood5795 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 pm

So i just got a baby beardie around 3 months ago and she started kicking me when i rub her back. She has never done this before and the only signs of anger was when she hissed at me, but that was almost a month ago. It isn't very hard but I think something may be wrong with her. Any answers?
DriftWood5795
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Baby beardie kicking me

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:53 pm

She may not like it--- is she shedding ? I have not heard of this behavior-- are you petting her or actually rubbing her?
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby DriftWood5795 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:31 pm

KarrieRee wrote:She may not like it--- is she shedding ? I have not heard of this behavior-- are you petting her or actually rubbing her?

She is starting to shed. Her back has been gray for about a week now but she hasnt started shedding.

I am petting her back. Not rubbing hard its light in her back and she starts to squirm and kick me.
DriftWood5795
Newbie Poster

Postby DriftWood5795 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:36 pm

KarrieRee wrote:She may not like it--- is she shedding ? I have not heard of this behavior-- are you petting her or actually rubbing her?

This is also only in her cage.
DriftWood5795
Newbie Poster

Postby SandP » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Sounds like she doesn't like it and she's trying to get you to stop. If she's getting ready to shed, that area can be irritated and touching it could make it feel worse.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion