Can bearded dragons hear light fixture noises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BD has recently been majorly avoiding her UVB. Now let me start by saying yes she has seen a vet, yes we have correct lighting and temps, and no she does not have parasites. Basically, I'm curious if the UVB fixture is emitting a sound I can't hear that is bothering her. If I take her outside she is happier than a clam. If I keep her UVB light off in her enclosure she IMMEDIATELY hides under her log, in her hide, or under her hammock. The second I turn it off she comes back out and is very active. She also stops eating if I turn on the UVB. It's been going on for about a month now. I ordered a new fixture just to check. I have also replaced all the bulbs with brand new lights to check that as well. It's puzzling to me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Out of curiosity please tell me what the UVB is --- and yes it could be the fixture is faulty- what fixture are your using please

renoholdway

Original Poster
The Fixture is a SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO. The bulbs are an Arcadia D3+ 12% and 14% and a ReptiSun T5 HO 10.0. I can't hear anything but I'm curious if maybe she can.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so your using TWO UVB's ????? If you are get rid of the 14% bulb --- unless your tank is 24" tall you need that 14% bulb at least 17-18" directly above the basking decor --- your dragon is getting over UVB's if this is the case w/ TWO UVB's --- you only need one UVB so we need to eliminate one of them and its possible the Nano is defective but first we need to use only ONE UVB -- please tell me and I will help you get the one properly placed w/ distance as well

renoholdway

Original Poster
Through the the test, the bulbs are fine, the UVI is fine, the temps are fine. She is just avoiding artificial UVB. That is why I was thinking maybe it’s making a sound we can’t hear that bothers her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the 14% bulb is really strong and needs the distance I posted --- but it is possible the Nano is defective -- but get your bulbs straightened out first --- I am thinking its the 14 % bulb that is causing the hiding --- distance for the 12% bulb should be 12-15 inches inside the tank --- on top of a wide hole screen but it must be wide hole type 8-10 inches w/ basking decor directly underneath

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I am thinking its the fixture then --- I would get another fixture like a Zoo Med or Arcadia and then see what she does -- its too bad you dont know of someone who has one that you could test to see if that is indeed the issue--- its like faulty domes --- you haft to buy another one to see if that is is culprit

renoholdway

Original Poster
I agree! I actually ordered a couple to try on Amazon. If it doesn't make a difference once I plug it in I can at least return them and get my money back. I couldn't find an Arcadia 24" anywhere online. I'm trying a JumpStart with timer and a ZooMed as options. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom