Can someone please explain these lab numbers for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got some labs back for my BD and I a, trying to understand them and what each test regards. The main concern is that the vet said she has very high Calcium/D3 levels but I don't see that anywhere.

Thanks!
HCT 43.0 %
WBC 17.0 K/uL
LYMPHS 71.0 %
MONOS 0.0 %
EOS 0.0 %
BASO 2.0 %
BLOOD PARA
HETERO 21 %
PLASMA PRO 11.0
THROMBO ADEQUATE
ABS BASO 340 /uL
ABS EOS 0 /uL
ABS HETR 3570 /uL
ABS LYMPHS 12070 /uL
ABS MONOS 0 /uL
Lab Comments: Ascn: 8203302065
RE: 3053 AZUROPHIL 6.0 %
RE: 3034 REMARKS
REMARKS
Slide reviewed microscopically.
No significant WBC toxicity or reactivity was observed.
No abnormal RBC morphology was observed/RBC morphology observed is normal for
indicated species.
RE: 30530 ABSOLUTE AZUROPHIL 1020 /uL
BLOOD PARA: BLOOD PARASITES
No parasites seen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tracie our vet tech mod needs to look at these - I will flag the post - shes usually on at nite

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Has the vet given a diagnosis? Did they do an x-ray to check for egg or follicular development?
I see the hematology report but not the complete blood count results, can you get a copy of those
as well for us, that would help.
If her calcium is very high then it is a possibility of her developing eggs during the shelling process,
but I would also need to see the Albumin & Globulin levels too for a complete protein ratio also.
I don't see any evidence of infection, which is good. What prompted you to take her to the vet
for a check up?
Is she having some health issues? We can review your tank setup, supplementation, diet, etc
with you if you need or have other concerns.

Tracie

renoholdway

Original Poster
Her calcium was listed at 47.1. I had to call to get that. I was concerned because she had been avoiding her UVB and hadn’t been eating for a month (she had maybe a 1/8 cup of greens and maybe 15 superworms over the past month). I don’t dust her food with calcium because she won’t eat it. She also doesn’t get D3. The crazy thing is that over the past month of not eating she gained 45 grams! She weighs 627g and is 22 inches long. Here is her X-ray from the visit.
103051-9327487149.jpg
. I asked the doctor if her kidney and liver looked ok and she said they were within the normal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom