Silicone sheets as substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlwyverns

Hey y'all I'm new here. I might be taking in a beardie soon and I've been doing some research. I was wondering if anyone had used silicone baking sheets as a substrate/liner, similar to rubber shelf liners? Would there be a difference? Is there a reason not to?
Any additional tips welcome, too :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I've never used them but I can't think of anything that would make them unsafe. Another thing to consider is would they be practical ? What size enclosure will you be getting or already have ? It's exciting to get a beardie, good to check on what you'll need as you are doing. :)

wlwyverns

Original Poster
AHBD":1duyjlqb said:
Hi there, I've never used them but I can't think of anything that would make them unsafe. Another thing to consider is would they be practical ? What size enclosure will you be getting or already have ? It's exciting to get a beardie, good to check on what you'll need as you are doing. :)

I'm getting him along with his current setup tomorrow, so I'll know more and be making any changes I feel are needed over the next few days. What I know now is it's a 36"x18"x24" exoterra, so it would take maybe 2-4 separate mats depending on size. I thought they would be nice as I could easily take out one mat at a time to clean them. I have some for baking and they wipe off SUPER easily, plus you can stick them in the oven to sanitize them, so you could keep the same ones for ages without having to throw them out.
I'm wary because I haven't been able to look up anyone talking about the idea, and I don't want to be reinventing the wheel here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom