Juvenile Beardie Making laser sounds????

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is making these weird sounds, we took him to the vet and they said he’s very healthy, but he’s still making these sounds, is he hissing? I don’t know what it is because it’s like he puffs his beard and then makes a croak sound, but he’s not mad or anything. I can attach video but I don’t know how

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
My immediate thought is a respiratory infection, but I definitely would like to see a video first.

You would need to upload to Youtube or other host first then link it here.

SPandS

Juvie Member
What do you feed him and his big are they? My first thought is it looks like he's trying to cough something up that may be stuck in his throat or beard.

Chryptecream

Original Poster
SandP":15k8jtqc said:
What do you feed him and his big are they? My first thought is it looks like he's trying to cough something up that may be stuck in his throat or beard.
I feed him crickets and carrots, the carrots are in small slithers, he made this sound before I fed him though?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
it looked like a hiccup to me-- just make sure your basking temps are up to par and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your UVB is a long tube fixture -- NO coils they are inadequate for any tank

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kjqias4 said:
it looked like a hiccup to me-- just make sure your basking temps are up to par and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your UVB is a long tube fixture -- NO coils they are inadequate for any tank
Yup I have a 10.0 uvb tube light and a heating lamp to reach 110 on basking and 85 on cool, I have a hand thermometer Gun and a digital thermometer. The thing is that he has been making this sound all day today and a little bit yesterday

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your UVB is a T 5 or T 8 -- distance and placement is different between the two of them -- can you post pic of a cricket next to him so we can see if the size is too big for him please-- if its correct I am gonna have some one else look at the video

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2125n44a said:
Your UVB is a T 5 or T 8 -- distance and placement is different between the two of them -- can you post pic of a cricket next to him so we can see if the size is too big for him please-- if its correct I am gonna have some one else look at the video
No I cant put a video of him with a cricket cause he will eat it immediately ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom