Bearded dragon got sucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Hi,

He is doing alot better and has doubled in size since I got him. Thinking of redoing his tank so he doesn't find a way out. Still feeding crickets an nutri grubs. But seems to like collard/dandelion greens an squash. Can I feed him mangos just isn't working out well with cheese grader. Let me know thanks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry we missed your last post! How is he liking the Reptisun 10 T5 now?
That is really good news he has been gaining weight. So he doesn't like mango? The squash
& greens are perfectly fine.
Is he acting better also?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can cut the fruit up small so he can eat it -- little pieces so he does not choke

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Had a question with bearded dragons being desert type. Is this normal
full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

While this can happen, sleeping in the water, etc I would prefer that they don't sleep in the
water simply because they can get chilled & or drown, too.
How is he doing today?
He is looking really good right now!

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are his basking temps in the tank -- sometimes if they are too hot they will get in the water dish - get a temp of all the areas in the tank cool side should be 80's middle of tank 90's and his basking area 95-100-- nite temps should not be below 65 or above 75-- all taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

Christiet29

I gotta say....I cannot believe how this story turned out!! Let me tell you I've been INVESTED for the last 45 minutes reading through this. I'm so happy your baby is well again, I definitely expected a different outcome! Congrats on your beautiful baby!

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Christiet29":2zs6igxc said:
I gotta say....I cannot believe how this story turned out!! Let me tell you I've been INVESTED for the last 45 minutes reading through this. I'm so happy your baby is well again, I definitely expected a different outcome! Congrats on your beautiful baby!
Thank you! He is very active an doing so good. Eating me out of the house lately. He eat four hornworms today in one sitting. Just had a minor set back today tho. Had remove his basking platform because he was on top of the reptisun 10 fixture few hours ago today. So hes been trying find mischief lately lol. Just glad I found him in time. He was using the fixture as a heat rock. It gets on warm side. But can lay palm of your hand on it. So he didn't get burned. Going invest in a bigger tank soon. This had me so worried today. The outcome could of been so bad. I have dogs an just the fall alone is over 3 feet.
Just still thinking how he even did this. Everything is so shallow in the tank. Really thinking of putting the mesh top back on. But with window mesh want him continue get best of this uvb rays.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy he is doing so much better now, bless him!
That's great he is eating a lot, too. Yes, they can really do some naughty things so that is
good he didn't get burned. A lot of them like to lay on light fixtures like that but it's best you
can get it arranged to be more safe for him.
Please keep us posted on his progress, we all love seeing updates.

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Wanted be safer then sorry. I purchased a zilla fresh air screen cover for the top. Hopefully is alot better for the uvb fixture. Then the fine mesh tops on most tanks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So the Zilla air screen is a larger sized screen so more UVB emissions can go through?
If that is the case then that will be just fine. Or you can always try to mount it underneath
of the screen also.

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":2o6z74rq said:
Hello,

So the Zilla air screen is a larger sized screen so more UVB emissions can go through?
If that is the case then that will be just fine. Or you can always try to mount it underneath
of the screen also.

Tracie
Hi,
Exactly with the screen top. with the reptisun h0 fixtures being metal/aluminum unsure. Its flat fixture but doesn't have any mounting brackets or holes. They are nice fixtures but on heavy side. Maybe once I get the bigger tank. Can try a under cabinet fixture. Just not sure if they can handle these type of bulbs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The Zoo Med fixture is light-- you do not want a under the counter fixture they have no reflectors in them and you want a reflector- it projects the UVB rays downward toward him and that is what you want plus it intensifies the rays

NYBeardie

So long as the screen is sturdy enough, you can use some large zip ties to attach the fixture to it. Just 2 of them are working for me. A small bag is about $3 or $4.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Thank you for this advice. Didn't think of zip ties. Also with the reflection of the uvb rays. I seen one on Amazon while back. Just forget the name of it. Just need find some clips for the zilla air screen cover. Mostly in the front so he can't squeeze out. But don't really think he could. I'll post a photo of the new lighting setup.
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom