Orange poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie mochi just pooped and I noticed it was kind of orange. I fed her some yams yesterday I don't think she ate very many and I think it might just be that but I want to ask for a second opinion anyway to make sure it's not blood. She seems normal other than this
Here's a picture of it (ew)
101532-3968688403.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be the yams -- are you feeding calcium and how much? That usually effects the urate giving a orange tinge to it as well

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1bnrsngo said:
Could be the yams -- are you feeding calcium and how much? That usually effects the urate giving a orange tinge to it as well
I dust some of her crickets with calcium every time I feed her crickets which is like may be 3 times a week

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I am thinking its the yams --- watch the poop for the next few days and see if it changes - if it still persist w/ NOT feeding the yams then it maybe the calcium but I am leaning more towards the yams

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1k5yc4w2 said:
So I am thinking its the yams --- watch the poop for the next few days and see if it changes - if it still persist w/ NOT feeding the yams then it maybe the calcium but I am leaning more towards the yams
I think it's probably the yams too but I wanted to see what other people think. Im gonna stop feeding her them for a while and see if it stops

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Discoloration of urates is a very common occurrence. It is most likely due to the yams, but
taking them out of his diet for a short while will determine that.
Oversupplementation can sometimes cause the orange tint of urates, too. Which vitamins do
you use?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom