COCCIDIA MEDS DID NOT WORK TWICE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisbetha

Critical care can also be mixed with food offerings to add a bit of variety. Try just a small bit first to see if he's interested before committing to making a big batch. Best to conserve as much crit care as you can for now, but might be good later to get him back onto eating normally.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yep that's exactly what I'm going to start on Monday! also I'm going to show you the care guide i made for my aunt and i also showed her how to do it in person (and also sorry for the horrible handwriting) so don't worry about why i did not go into detail this is just a reminder for her and also she will only be able to give him water wile I'm gone and she will offer greens if he takes it so hopefully heal eat the greens and be able to not be a brat with her :lol: he also still seems to have a pretty big amount of blood in stool and is also not pooping too often for some reason he gets 5ml of his food a day so should i give him more for the time being? also I'm dropping him off on Wednesday because its the only amount of time for me to drive 2 hrs. so also the reason my Nabors don't care for him is bc I've had my Nabors care for him for 2 days and they DID NOT CLEAN ENYTHING which ofc gave his coccidia a big spike and they said "oh sorry we did not have time" THE ONLY RESON I HAD HIM THER IS TO CLEAN IS STOOL i was super angry bc i specifically instructed them to AND i care for there dog and cocktail for them perfectly for ONE MONTH VACATIONS AND ALSO THEY DONT PAY ME AT ALL AND THIS IS WHAT THEY DO WITH MY PET :angry5: :cry: and that's why i don't trust my Nabors no more :mrgreen: :lol:

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
ok so we are dropping him off on Friday and also I tried feeding him greens and he did not want it at all :banghead: and his beard was completely white today no grey or a bit black just beautiful white :) and she will only be able to give him water is that ok? it's better than nothing he's way too rough with the syringe and she scared when he moves fast so I think its the best option and better than nothing and last night I had constant panic attacks bc of this :blob8: :blob5: Idk I'm just really worried for some reason and also he absolutely destroyed the syringe the tip is about to fall off :lol: anyways he absolutely loves the o.c.c and she is afraid on how rough he is sooooo :eek: :lol: I'm just trying to feed him as much as I can for now so he is not hungry there u there u haven't responded for a while? :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long are you going to be gone again?
Well, they can be without food for awhile I suppose but giving water or diluted pedialyte,
etc will be better than nothing. If she can make him some salads/greens with minced up
squash, then perhaps if he gets hungry enough he will try out the salads!
I hope he is doing better now. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613 said:
Hello,

How long are you going to be gone again?
Well, they can be without food for awhile I suppose but giving water or diluted pedialyte,
etc will be better than nothing. If she can make him some salads/greens with minced up
squash, then perhaps if he gets hungry enough he will try out the salads!
I hope he is doing better now. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie[/qu

we are leaving for just one week and she is going to put a salad on his bowl every day and I'm going to try to feed him his o.c.c in a bowl to see if he will be able to lick it up from the bowl instead of the syringe and he's having a completely white beard this past 2 days!! I'm in school rn so I can't see him rn but I usually feed him 8 ml of o.c.c when I come back home so now I'm going to try to feed him from a bowl to make life easy for her what do you think?

lisbetha

Easier for him too - syringes and tubes can damage the inside of the mouth and throat. Him showing an appetite and seeking it out is a good indicator he's ready to get back to eating normally, which is definitely to be promoted.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
lisbetha":3ermschb said:
Easier for him too - syringes and tubes can damage the inside of the mouth and throat. Him showing an appetite and seeking it out is a good indicator he's ready to get back to eating normally, which is definitely to be promoted.

sorry I wasn't able to update but it turns out there was a change of plans and we had to drop him off today so he's at the house right now and he eats out of the bowl! she will put 4 mealworms inside then he eventually licks it all up! and also I'm kinda panicking rn bc I'm not used to Chester not being near me and it terrifying she has an emergency vets number and our number and she knows everything I'm just panicking so much rn :oops: anyways he was absolutely amazing in the 1 and 1/2 hr car ride I kept him warm and not too warm and he wasn't stressed at all! no black bearding! he did great!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am happy to hear your dragon is doing well, without any black bearding at all right now!
A week is not too bad, so since he is starting to eat some out of a bowl that will definitely
help out. Since she will be putting a few worms into the salad that should workout just fine.
It is difficult being away from him but I'm sure that your time away will go quickly!

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613":32xxubnb said:
Hello,

I am happy to hear your dragon is doing well, without any black bearding at all right now!
A week is not too bad, so since he is starting to eat some out of a bowl that will definitely
help out. Since she will be putting a few worms into the salad that should workout just fine.
It is difficult being away from him but I'm sure that your time away will go quickly!

Tracie

yea I'm going to call her every day (because of stress) and ill update u!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that sounds really good then! As long as she has a nice clear beard without any blackness,
etc then a week wont be long. If she eats a few times that week & gets water too I feel that she
should be just fine until you can get back.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613":1evi7dvf said:
Hello,

Ok, that sounds really good then! As long as she has a nice clear beard without any blackness,
etc then a week wont be long. If she eats a few times that week & gets water too I feel that she
should be just fine until you can get back.

Tracie

i hope so!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Sorry I haven't updated in a while but Chester's beard is gray and he is eating some of the Oxbow Critical Care and he is not pooping blood anymore and is gaining his appetite and is acting normal and he also is a bit stressed in the new environment but he's okay now overall he's doing great :D :blob5: :blob8: :mrgreen:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is wonderful news you will be seeing Chester on Monday, he will be very happy to
see you. I am glad to hear that he has been eating even while you have been away. It
sounds like he has improved also so he should really do great once he gets back home.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom