Help 3days not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Is it possible to just have the screen sit on top? Or is there a chance it could fall? I was going to suggest buying a new screen but it's not worth it since the 20 gallon won't last that long and you're going to have to upgrade anyway.

DracosMama

Original Poster
Hey I was thinking of getting a longer uvb fixture this one is only 18" ..... Should I? Or just get the bulb? And if I get a while new fixure as well, should I get a T8 still out get a T5 fixure n bulb??? Please help cuz I'm on my way out the door n want to buy the right stuff

DracosMama

Original Poster
Hey I was thinking of getting a longer uvb fixture this one is only 18" ..... Should I? Or just get the bulb? And if I get a while new fixure as well, should I get a T8 still out get a T5 fixure n bulb??? Please help cuz I'm on my way out the door n want to buy the right stuff

SPandS

Juvie Member
How long do you plan on keeping this tank? The 18" is fine and a t8 is fine as long as you put it under the screen. Since t8s have to be replaced every 6 months you could get the 18" t8 and upgrade everything once it's time to replace the bulb. Or you could get the better t5 now, it's up to you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When you get the BSFL use those as lures to the bowl - try and get some medium super worms to use as lures to the salad bowl too - use 1-3 let him eat the BSFL and super worms for like a hr or so then take your staple insect and add to the salad bowl - dust those but not the BSFL- if you can order some dubia roaches they work best for in the salad bowl -- http://www.dubiaroaches.com get the size no bigger than the space between his eyes length wise--
97951-9562450009.jpg
If you need more help please ask
The 24" fixture is a investment you can use it on this tank as well -- just use the 5.0 bulb it comes w/ distance would be the same -- 6-8 inches -- the 24" fixture would go into the next tank

DracosMama

Original Poster
Why do you have three lights if you don't mind me asking I know one's the UVB and one's a heat Ball but what is the other one

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
it is a ceramic heat emitter I use for winter months -- I had it for Blaze for a day or two since he was so little when I got him -- that now sits on top of the screen in the back of his 120 gallon--

DracosMama

Original Poster
Update: so I got the new repty son bulb and I took off to clear plastic from the fixture.. his basking spot is reading about 97-101... And all he does is literally sit underneath the basking spot with his eyes closed all day long literally I left yesterday and came back and he was in the same exact spot where I had covered him up underneath his blanket when I came in at 7:00 p.m. .. it's all he does, I got the BSF larvae he's not interested in those or a salad, I've tried sprinkling them on the salad I tried giving it to him with tweezers he's just not having it, he's still pooping everyday it's not big amounts but he is... I don't know what else could be, but he's not active at all, I don't believe he has grown much if any since I got him and this Tuesday was 3 weeks since I got him.. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong and I don't know how to help him

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would try setting the UVB fixture up inside the enclosure. See if you can run some fishing line or thin wire through the mesh to suspend the fixture inside securely. With that T8, you'll want the bulb to be about 6-8'' above the hammock where he basks as mentioned earlier. The mesh screen on the top is intercepting a lot of the output. I would also double check the surface temperature on the hammock. A digital thermometer with a probe would be useful for this. You don't need anything crazy. Something simple like this will do the trick https://www.amazon.com/Aquaneat-Aquarium-Thermometer-Vivarium-Terrarium/dp/B01N1QQ4EH/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I agree he needs the UVB inside the tank --- here are some other things to hang w/
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line or potted plant wire hangers or this stuff I use it works great its like a Velcro strap cut in strips wrap around the fixture https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195 do this ASAP--- then watch his behavior --- and please get a digital probe thermometer place on the hammock for at least 10 minutes then get the temp -- you want it 105-110 for him

DracosMama

Original Poster
Okay can anybody send a few pictures of what theirs looks like with the picture inside.. cuz I can use the velcro and velcro it to the back of the tank above his hammock but it's going to cover the backside of the hammock not where he goes up in the corner to reach his light, and then I would have to make sure I kept the heat light a little bit apart because it melted my last one.. so I'm a little confused on how I should get it in there also this is only a 18-in reptisun in a zilla fixture I was thinking about upgrading now that I got him a 40 gallon front opening tank any decently priced good recommendations.. I literally spent over $500 alone in this last week getting new fixtures new tanks I ordered a new baby leopard gecko to join my reptile family.... So I've spent quite a lot my husband's to the point that he says no more spending except for on food for the week for them, but I want to make sure he is getting the correct UVB so I was wondering what you guys thought of the T5? What if I get that and what type of fixtures cheaply priced but good.. also how do you feel about Arcadia light bulbs? If so what percentage would I need

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Place the UVB in the back approx 6-8 inches over his basking decor you do not need to have it directly next to the basking lamp -- it is optimal but if you cant you cant --- the dragon will go to the light he needs -- go here and order the 24" fixture it is the best priced I have found and the shipping is $7-
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html ---this bulb
22" https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html and they are out of stock -- but you know what to look for - you can use the 18" for now but make sure the clear plastic cover is off the bulb and you can replace that bulb for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 you can get those at your Petsmart or petco store -- use it for the next 6 months and then change out the fixture if you want - that is a suggestion-- but it will work til you decide what you want to do --- I have other things you can use to hang w/ if you need more help or difficulties getting it hung--- picture inside are you talking about a pic of the UVB fixture? My basking and UVB are together I can show you how I have mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom