NOT GROWING? Stressing out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my female beardie echo. She is 10 months old she has not shed since late December except she did shed her legs three weeks ago. Here is her picture. She looks very small to me. Please tell me it’s going to be okay I’m really stressing out. She gets a uvb lamp and lots of food she also poops normally. She’s only about 13 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dragons grow at different rates --- what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube please and where is it placed in the tank top of screen or inside the tank ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons please

Carmen315160

Original Poster
She has a zoo med uvb lamp and her basking spot is usually 90-105 degrees. I use these little Velcro temp things that are also zoo med. the uvb is also on top of the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Zoo med uvb lamp? Is a tube or coil? Basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stickons are inaccurate-- these two things I am asking about are the most important things in the tank

Carmen315160

Original Poster
I have a coil right now I also have another one that’s not a coil whenever it goes out. Should I be using a coil or the other tube one?

Iv been told the tube is better then coil.... I originally had a coil UVB lamp at first as well and everyone told me to switch over to the tubes they're much better do you know the brand of the tube that you have and whether it's a t5 or t8

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, since you already have the Reptisun 10 tube I would go ahead & switch those bulbs
out. The UVB emissions are so much higher quality than the coil UVB lights do. Dragons do
grow at different rates, but it does help to have great UVB exposure.
Which calcium supplementation do you use?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The gutloaded crickets are good but they need to be fed daily so that they are maintained
for optimal nutrition.
Since he is less than a year old we recommend giving calcium 4-5 times per week right now
to help support growth.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
She’s super good! She’s never lethargic. She actually runs around and I take her for walks when it’s warm. She is eating well and I feel like she’s about to shed, she’s looking a bit white! So that’s a good sign!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K that she's a little small, sounds like she's active + healthy so just keep up with proper feeding, supplements and uvb and she will be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom