Izzy is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
So Izzy has always hissed/whistled at me when I pick her up (no matter how I do so) from day one since I got her as a hatchling and she like, 5 or 6 now. But she doesn't really struggle or try to get away too much, just repositions/grasps on me or something. She's recently been doing some slow head bobs when she's out of her enclosure sometimes. But never anything really aggressive and doesn't get a black beard or try to do anything out of the ordinary.

What are you trying to tell me, turd? Just being a drama queen?

Well she’s expressing herself clearly, for a bd, it’s just you who is slow. No wonder she’s annoyed. She’s only been telling you the same thing for 5 years. ?

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Weird behavior #2: "I want it but I don't."
I'll have some food and place it near her face. She'll proceed to stare at it, wide eyed, and just the tip of her tongue poking out. I can wiggle it and she acts like she's going to eat it, then just goes "nah" and loses interest. I can repeat this a few times before she closes her eyes in annoyance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The licking is the tasting--- the head bobbing is a sign of mating --- they do it more in the spring - are you sure she is a she and not a he? Head bobbing is a sign of dominance the arm waving is a sign of submission --

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2w1lhdft said:
The licking is the tasting--- the head bobbing is a sign of mating --- they do it more in the spring - are you sure she is a she and not a he? Head bobbing is a sign of dominance the arm waving is a sign of submission --

Yup, definitely a she. And no, she's not tasting; the food is an inch or two from her when I do this, and the tongue is basically still in her mouth. Unless beardies can smell things like a snake or something.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
loljelloclowdz":1613z015 said:
She wants you to think she's a big scary alligator.
LOL! Volcano will sometimes get defensive with me and open his mouth at me and I look at him and go oh please knock it off. He immediately closes his mouth and carries on. I swear they are all actors lol

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie likes to sit on my shoulder and open and close his mouth. I swear it makes a popping sound and I always freak out because I can't see what he's up to back there. He does it to mess with me.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
saraho":20tsrj92 said:
Charlie likes to sit on my shoulder and open and close his mouth. I swear it makes a popping sound and I always freak out because I can't see what he's up to back there. He does it to mess with me.

Yeah, it's pretty noisy when they do that. Creeeek

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you sure she's a she? That was cute- that's part of the mating she's showing dominance

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ndx3qw9 said:
Are you sure she's a she? That was cute- that's part of the mating she's showing dominance

Yeah, ya asked before, she's definitely a she. =P she doesn't have gonads or those pore things under her back legs. Maybe she's just a butch? =o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom