Baby beardy was attack by adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great picture, she is looking alert now which is a great sign!
I hope she continues to recover more every day.
Be sure to keep her warmer overnight, around 80 or so, to help boost her system. How is
her appetite?
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
110576-6763032246.jpg
The doctor said to keep her only at .5 mls per day or up to 1.0 and fort he most part she’s there but we have to add calcium. Her right hind leg looks to me slightly swollen so he is concerned about bone disease. Lights are all over to keep her warm around the clock. She’s climbing when she shouldn’t and it was hard to keep her in one place yesterday. I will upload the leg and I ask for feedback

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks very sweet there, is she resting?
The swelling could be possible metabolic bone disease. Are you giving calcium 4-5
days per week? Which UVB are you using again?
I hope that she isn't developing gout though! Start her on some black or tart cherry juice
extract, daily to help with kidney function in case she is having some trouble.

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
She isn’t doing well the last two days. I’m still feeding her the slurry which has calcium. Her vet things maybe the bone disease too. She was shaking and tremors before the attack. We are learning so very much through this. Still trying to figure out the uvb. I think we need to change it to the tube one we have the squirley one

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you know which brand and wattage of UVB light you currently have? Getting a high quality UVB light is certainly worth the investment. I can help you find a good fit. How far is it from the main basking area to the top of the enclosure where you'd put the UVB light?

Ashmash

Original Poster
She’s still holding on and getting more alert. No movement in back legs and now we can see the bite mark clear on top and bottom. It goes strait across the back and spine. If I can see the bite mark now does anyone know what may be healing? Is it like us where we bruise as we heal and can see? She’s trying to eat on her own. She’s determine to climb and perch. She has correct lights everyone suggested now and has been doing good.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's encouraging. The increased visible bite marks may be bruising or scabbing - that would likely be good and a sign of healing. Keep an eye out for it looking worse or more wounded. Infection is a big concern. Hopefully she will be able to heal and bounce back.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
Well, hopefully her back & spine area are just bruised which would most likely cause
some swelling. Once that heals up she should be able to move her back legs. You
could try giving a warm bath a few times a week to try some water therapy on her.
It sounds like she is slowly getting better.
Let us know how her progress is coming along!

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
She is doing better in some areas and yet not in the back legs. No movement and now struggling to use the bathroom. However she is her perky alert and personality is coming back. She’s moving regardless where we try to leave her. She gets baths once a day. I started in cherry tart bc not sure what’s going on w those legs. Added pumpkin to the slurry to help w the lower issues.

She won’t eat by herself but is showing us she doesn’t like being fed and then sometimes licks the eye dropper and self feeds.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, have you tried putting her in a shallow bath to see if you can determine any
back leg movement? I hope that there is just some bruising/swelling that will eventually
go down.
Continue trying to get food into her & if she is hungry then she will hopefully start eating on
her own a little bit. Keep encouraging her, it sounds like she is trying & is alert!
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
110576-760402494.jpg
110576-4872388705.jpg
110576-9076103232.jpg

Good morning. Ms. Stella is doing much better but look at e legs, the right hind isn’t getting and circulation or growth and it almost looks from how she hold herself the lower part of spine was crushed bc she doesn’t have any tone to hold her back wo her back legs. ? despite all this she’s thriving. Personality is coming back. She’s starting to eat the slurry on own from eye dropper. She likes to be held. Hates her baths. So the X-ray can’t show anything she’s too small so what do we do w those legs? Anything to do or we just wait? She’s such a sweetie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She sure is a nice looking dragon, I am sorry she is having such a hard time of things.
Does she have feeling in her legs or back feet, can you test that to determine function,
such as doing a slight pinch of the bottom of her feet to see if you get a response?
Is she eating very much right now? I am glad to hear she is at least eating some slurry
from the dropper, that is positive for her!
Since she does not like her baths, you can try just getting her out daily, to try & get her
to strengthen her muscles any way that she can. Overall, it is a waiting game until you
can get an x-ray done on her to see the extent of damage.

Keep us posted on her progress.
Tracie

Ashmash

Original Poster
110576-7549643307.jpg
Stella isn’t looking like she was and it appears we are losing her. She’s vomiting now. She even started to eat crickets this week slow and small. But just as quick as she did better she took a turn last night and this morning there’s nothing we can do. So very sad w this little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom