Dubia roaches help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I'm COMPLETELY new to dubia roaches my big question regarding the dubias is that I got medium size roaches about the size of a quarter and they seem to be a bit big for my beardie she will look at them and try to pick them up but she has to do it a few times (guessing the shell) she will eat between 2-8 per feeding but not a lot of them like she should im wondering do i treat them as if they where like crickets? I was under the assumption they where easy to digest and soft (ie silk worms wax worms hornworms ect) and better to eat shes 9 month in terms of size if that helps

Any guidance and help is appreciated Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
DO NOT feed them if they are too big-- please post a pic of the roach beside her--- they will cause impaction if they are too big--- you can cut them in half and put them on top of the salads if they are too big--- you dont want them bigger than the space between the eyes length wise -

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3fqombid said:
DO NOT feed them if they are too big-- please post a pic of the roach beside her--- they will cause impaction if they are too big--- you can cut them in half and put them on top of the salads if they are too big--- you dont want them bigger than the space between the eyes length wise -
Stopped them altogether they where kinda big for her size im rather confused on measurements as for example a small dubia roach is the same length of a adult cricket but the roach isnt considered a adult roach I'm fairly correct with the crickets more than roaches its a hit or mis thing for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom