Still brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
How many of yall's beardies are still brumating?

Also, when should they stop and if they dont stop on their own how do we help them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Mine are not --- they should not brumate for over 3 months -- if they are still in brumation you need to check tank temps check weight -- if all is good there then a vet visit might be in order -- from what I understand something else could be going on if they are still brumating after months --

SPandS

Juvie Member
Mine are up. When did yours go down? My one girl went down early, in Sept and woke up in Jan. 4 months or so is normal for her and from what I understand isn't uncommon at all.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine didn't just instantly enter, he kinda gradually started to sleep more and more in his hide until he wouldn't come out for days or weeks. This started around New Years. Whenever he comes out, he's also pretty lazy, and doesn't move much. Also he hasn't touched a salad this entire times, only bugs sometimes. By his appearance there doesn't seem to be anything unhealthy tho.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Sounds normal. All beardies are on their own schedule and go down and wake back up differently.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari is still brumating, but she started in mid February because it’s her first time. It’s okay if they brumate until it’s warm enough to take them outside and have them get actual sunlight.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
SandP":gnmk3obi said:
Mine are up. When did yours go down? My one girl went down early, in Sept and woke up in Jan. 4 months or so is normal for her and from what I understand isn't uncommon at all.

I’d be so sad if I didn’t have Mari keeping me company that long. I’d probably go to staples and print a life-size picture of her on some heavy card stock and position it on her rock looking at me if she was asleep that long just so I wouldn’t go crazy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom