Are baths a requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to bath him once a week for about 15 minutes but then someone said I didn't have to. I probably bathe him once or twice a week since he gets poop on him for about 5 minutes. Is this okay? I also give him water sometimes

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
If your beardie doesn't drink from the bath and isn't smeared with poop, baths don't do much for them, unless you have a beardie that likes the water (mine doesn't). Keep an eye on the texture and consistency of your dragon's droppings, particularly the urates, which should be white and soft, not hard and chalky. If everything is well formed and soft, you're good to go without a bath. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are not a requirement but if your dragon likes them, they don't cause any harm.

They only are an issue if your dragon doesn't like them, or gets stressed out from baths.

-Brandon

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
ComicBookMama":8medgu31 said:
If your beardie doesn't drink from the bath and isn't smeared with poop, baths don't do much for them, unless you have a beardie that likes the water (mine doesn't). Keep an eye on the texture and consistency of your dragon's droppings, particularly the urates, which should be white and soft, not hard and chalky. If everything is well formed and soft, you're good to go without a bath. :)
Ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom